Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

^ I'm going to check out Xe Lua.

edit: drew you should try some Banh Mi.

Saigon Vietnamese Sandwich Deli on 369 BROOME street. It's near the NYFirehouse and the italian pizza place. Get the number 1 and add pate.

THIS! I get that sweet ground pork one whenever I'm down there. And a kumquat juice. The bread at that place is AMAZING! I remember when they were just half the size and even more ghetto looking. Zagats has made them rich.

There are a lot of decent pho places in LA around Koreatown. I've still yet to find a place that serves good bun though.

im not looking for decent pho places. im looking for an out of body experience pho place. anywhere in downtown would be great

im not looking for decent pho places. im looking for an out of body experience pho place. anywhere in downtown would be great

there is a great place for pho ga (chicken pho) and banh coun, I had both and they only serve those items. Hoa Kiem I believe it's called, it's in chinatown.

^ I don't entirely blame you. I've had much better pho in MA where my parents live (near lowell)

I believe you, my favorite pho place is not anywhere on a map really. I had pho today in a Viet-heavy town and it was not great. It was legit but did not have me in tears.

I did not grow up eating pho, but I've been eating it for half my life, and I do literally well up when this one place brings me pho, the aroma and the broth is so well-made and on a level I feel no one else has gotten close to in my experience. I feel like a bad cook when it's brought to me, and this doesn't even happen to me if I go to like, Joel Robuchon. I bow down to them.

Looking forward to some Golden Deli with sufu people in a few days. It might blow my mind, or it might make me sad, I am not sure, but it must be done.

There used to be a reallly good viet place right next to Burger King in the "bootleg shopping mall"... alllllll the way in the back, dirty hole in the wall kinda place... seating for about 8-10 ppl only

the haitian guys that sell shit on canal would go there and order in french...

but she closed shop and moved to NJ or so i've heard... if only i knew where exactly...

not enough pics in this thread

i almost always order pho tai

pho ha in pomona:

p1100446k.jpg

i mentioned this place earlier in this thread, but haven't been there in a while, so i decided to revisit it. the broth used to be super flavorful from what i remembered, but that's not the case anymore. this is just "OK" pho

golden deli in san gabriel:

p1100221k.jpg

met the expectations of a bowl of "good pho" - nothing bad to say about this place.

definitely recommended

i still think that pho to chau in honolulu is the most memorable pho experience i've had, ever. the broth is amazing here. i remember eating the xtra large bowl in a couple of minutes and still wanting more. (but the service was maddd slow so i didn't :( )

p1030010i.jpg

not enough pics in this thread

i almost always order pho tai

pho ha in pomona:

p1100446k.jpg

i mentioned this place earlier in this thread, but haven't been there in a while, so i decided to revisit it. the broth used to be super flavorful from what i remembered, but that's not the case anymore. this is just "OK" pho

golden deli in san gabriel:

p1100221k.jpg

met the expectations of a bowl of "good pho" - nothing bad to say about this place.

definitely recommended

i really like pho ha when i'm in pomona.