Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

pho pasteur in vietnam >

damn, haven't been back to the homeland in 6 years

while pho pastuer was on the expensive side of the scale (2 usd) it was ridiculous! easily the best ive ever had as well.

miss good pho, korea sucks with it. :'(

while pho pastuer was on the expensive side of the scale (2 usd) it was ridiculous! easily the best ive ever had as well.

lol, true

i guess when you go to vietnam and regularly eat food for less than a dollar, a $2 bowl of pho hurts the wallet

:D

Sufu Vietnam Pho Quest 2011, official planning sub-thread begins here:

I am busy this summer for about a month or two, but I realize that would be the ideal time for most. I could squeeze in a few days in August or June maybe. Who else is down (or was already down to begin with?)

Sign below the dotted line.

^ i've been to all of the vietnamese restaurants in chinatown

and honestly, they are only sub par. even the once-great pho bang is lacking now.

I went to this japanese owned pho place once in Tribeca where people on chowhound who claimed to live in hanoi were raving about it. It was such a let down.

I went to this japanese owned pho place once in Tribeca where people on chowhound who claimed to live in hanoi were raving about it. It was such a let down.

pho in hanoi is vastly different than the typical pho found in america. it's a much more utilitarian dish, very communist like the city. lol.

I'm kind of really happy people love this place as much as i do, i get really nervous throwing it out there as the best pho in the world, but everytime I do, people come back with the same thought

Sufu Vietnam Pho Quest 2011, official planning sub-thread begins here:

I am busy this summer for about a month or two, but I realize that would be the ideal time for most. I could squeeze in a few days in August or June maybe. Who else is down (or was already down to begin with?)

Sign below the dotted line.

fuck i wish i could. steez and pho to the victims.

^ lol, everybody thinks they know good pho/vietnamese food

especially these "foodies" on yelp

it's pretty funny what white people think is good vietnamese food in general. there is a "gourmet" vietnamese place in silverlake which is always packed but sucks balls.

one of my goals in life is to move back to vietnam and learn to make pho with the best and come back to the states and blow some minds.

Never had decent pho in my life, other than mother's/aunt's. All the Viet restaurants around here are stingy and cheap imo (at least with soup dishes). And when I was over in VN a while back, all I ate was fried rice, bun bo hue or curry (and KFC + Jollibee lol...) - should have went to one of those upscale pho places. :(

it's pretty funny what white people think is good vietnamese food in general. there is a "gourmet" vietnamese place in silverlake which is always packed but sucks balls.

White people think they're in the know with [insert random asian cuisine]

I get eye daggers when I tell them theres no good chinese food in Manhattan or places like Chinatown Brasserie where high quality ingredients and dim sum made to order is actually pretty common in asia.

Hey guys, I'm Cambodian (Right next to Vietnam) My moms home made "Pho" will shit on any Vietnamese Pho restaurant I know. She'll put anything you desire. I live in San Jose, Ca. The most populated place for Vietnamese people and we have Pho restaurants in every corner and it still doesn't beat my moms.

Guest naknakBeast

^^dont make it a Khmer vs Vietnam thing and second of all its katiew not pho my child...

Americans are more use to pho places because shit they tend to be more geared for white folk...

spring rolls,lunch buffets, sometimes even pad thai in a vietnam spot.

anthony bourdain,blogs,food critics all talk about pho being supreme.

my friend we are just the little brothers waiting on our turn to reign supreme. be patient.....

salar gurry,machu,katiew caw cow, you already know.

Good pho in France is also hard to find despite the hundreds of Vietnamese restaurants in the Paris region and although i haven't even tried half of them, my favorite address is Le Bambou in Chinatown.. their pho makes all other pho's i've tried taste bland.. the beef broth has an amazing density and tastes outstanding even before you add the herbs, sauces, lime etc.. i heard the secret is the broth has to simmer for at least 10 hours and then must rest for up to a couple days.. i'm going to take a wild guess and assume most places aren't that patient which makes finding perfect pho even harder.. good luck to those on the ultimate pho quest !

Poly where's the best in Philly?

i go between pho hoa and pho 75 on washington. more a pho 75 guy recently.

Hey guys, I'm Cambodian (Right next to Vietnam) My moms home made "Pho" will shit on any Vietnamese Pho restaurant I know. She'll put anything you desire. I live in San Jose, Ca. The most populated place for Vietnamese people and we have Pho restaurants in every corner and it still doesn't beat my moms.

this is the misconception i had for 22 years of my life. it's a terrifying and exciting experience to try stuff from the homeland. plus I think places in bolsa beat san jose anyways.

Good pho in France is also hard to find despite the hundreds of Vietnamese restaurants in the Paris region and although i haven't even tried half of them, my favorite address is Le Bambou in Chinatown.. their pho makes all other pho's i've tried taste bland.. the beef broth has an amazing density and tastes outstanding even before you add the herbs, sauces, lime etc.. i heard the secret is the broth has to simmer for at least 10 hours and then must rest for up to a couple days.. i'm going to take a wild guess and assume most places aren't that patient which makes finding perfect pho even harder.. good luck to those on the ultimate pho quest !

you know I have an uncle in strausburg, and I guess I never really think of it when i'm there, but I've never had pho in france. its actually pretty awesome the amount of viets in france.

What I wouldn't do for a nice large bowl of Pho Dac Biet right about now here in Afghanistan. My wife introduced me to this delicious heaven-in-a-bowl about ten years ago or so. There was a great Pho restaurant right accross the street from my office in Alhambra, CA when I was a Marine Recruiter.

There is also a great little strip mall Pho restaurant called "Mint Leaf" up in the Frisco area that we discovered. Mmmmmmm. Look 'em up on Yelp.

Loves me some Pho!!!

Cheers