Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

anyone know where to get decent pho in philly? there has to be a few honorable spots....

washington street is where all the vietnamese joints are. pho ha is probably my fav in the area.pho 75 is good also. Nam Phuong is really good food other than pho. When it comes to pho, i don't fuck around, go to Pho Ha. its the best in philly.

I love how before this thread even opened I knew you were from Seattle.

But yeah, I had pho last night. Most definitely amazing stuff.

#3 small or medium always extra noodles. (dunno if it's the same for you guys, but around here, 90% of pho joints run off the same, or SLIGHTLY altered menu)

or

If i'm feeling it , the tofu.

Pho with meatballs, beef stomach slices, crab meat, sweet sauce and pounded chilli. Top it off with spring rolls and iced coffee and you don't get it any better.

I don't trust those Pho meatballs. They do taste good but last time I ordered pho with meatballs it has a surprise chunk of sharp metal wire inside. Good thing I found it in my mouth before i swallowed it!!

I heard some pho purists eat their pho without the bean sprouts+herbs? I've had pho with a chunk of daikon in it too, strange. I can't imagine enjoying it without tons of fat sprouts and the full plate of herbs, couple lime wedges, pounded chili sauce. I ate pho at the same place in college 3-5 times a week, every week school was in session, every year. Cheapest good food I could find myself at $4.67 including tax. Worst service ever (considering I'd long surpassed the point where I'd given them thousands of dollars) and the store itself was shit. I'd camp out there though and get my pho, read the newspaper, run into the kids I knew from school, and then head out for my day. I dunno how it stacks up against the world's best pho but it's still the best I've ever had in my life.

If I ever become stupidly rich I am going to move that whole family to wherever I'm living so I can eat their pho again, or I'm going to have to kidnap the cook and release him after I've secured the proper recipe from him.

I love how before this thread even opened I knew you were from Seattle.

But yeah, I had pho last night. Most definitely amazing stuff.

#3 small or medium always extra noodles. (dunno if it's the same for you guys, but around here, 90% of pho joints run off the same, or SLIGHTLY altered menu)

or

If i'm feeling it , the tofu.

Seattle, raw denim and pho are a perfect match.

And I dont know about you guys, but I turn my pho RED with chili sauce every damn time til my stomach lining begs for mercy.

Tanh (sp?) Brothers for sure...

or my new favorite: Pho Hoa (its a chain restaurant, but damn good) in Chinatown. Its open til like 11 pm 7 days a week!

good pho is like good ramen. it's a fucking art. that shit stews for fucking hours and you can tell if it's good or bad just by the smell.

I don't eat mine with sprouts, just a habit growing up though.

I'm taking some classes now for a career change, but i told myself if it doesn't work out, i'm moving back to vietnam and working at that kitchen at Pho Pasteur and learning how to make that shit proper and will open up a restuarant where i only serve that (just like in vietnam) and that shit will SLAY any other Pho else made in this country

thanh bros in seattle is damn fine. i like it w/ everything. and who can turn down that little creampuff? i would eat pho 5 out of 7 days a week when i lived there. i'm getting the shakes cause i haven't had it in forever. anyone know any good pho in dc? i've heard there's a few places out in vienna?

thanh bros in seattle is damn fine. i like it w/ everything. and who can turn down that little creampuff? i would eat pho 5 out of 7 days a week when i lived there. i'm getting the shakes cause i haven't had it in forever. anyone know any good pho in dc? i've heard there's a few places out in vienna?

Check the net or something for a Pho Hoa. Theyre all over the country and world evidently. When I went to the one in Seattle they had a map of locations. Even Oklahoma!! hahaha

..damn Im hungry.. pho tai bo vien or with flank ..mmm...

Just don't rock any clothing other than a white hanes-t and an old pair of denim when you go to a pho restaurant... or eat anything vietnamese (especially the banh-mi)... Because you'll end up smelling like pho.

Omg I was face to face with a girl who had pho-breath one time... I almost slapped her for not washing her mouth that morning... but then again, how can I hate on someone who eats pho?