Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

For all the dudes who wanna try some Golden Deli delicacies in SGV.

Place is bomb. As fuck.

In fact so bomb that the dude who opened it opened another one with his bro right across the street called Vietnam House. Exact same menu and everything. Some people will tell you it tastes different, but I frequent both and I find them to be pretty much the same. Golden Deli is almost always full first though since it's like the original or whatever...so cross the street for Vietnam House if you can't get a seat.

didn't know about the one across the street. but yeah, i think esp for the price, it's good eating.

pho 79 in bolsa is imo the best in cali. haven't tried golden deli yet though, chicken, meet up time?

then i've got to try pho 79, but man that's far down there. been a little busy lately but meetup sounds good.

i hear a couple good things about golden deli. haven't got off my ass to go though. anything you would recommend?

haven't gone wrong with the regular stuff -- pho with all sorts of stuff in it, and cha gio. i also recommend plum soda on a hot day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
i tell this to people, but no one really understands, but i searched far and wide for the best pho and found it. it's in saigon, on pasteur street, pho pasteur. once you eat there, all else is crap, you chase the dragon...

ate there 2 days ago, and it was amazing. like i actually thought i was going to be disappointed and i was so wrong. thanks for the tip dude

is it a rule of thumb that the meat in pho has to be sketchy as fuck?

nahhhh seek out the pho with grilled pork chop however inauthentic it may be

viet pork chops are insanely good

when i was a kid i used to just get the pork chops and rice, then i evolved into getting the sketchy meated pho now i've reached a satisfying level at which i get the pork chop AND pho minus the sketchy entrails

ive been frequenting pho 89 on 89 E broadway and have been ultimately satisfied time after time but i hear im still missing out in terms of high quality pho...idkkk

nahhhh seek out the pho with grilled pork chop however inauthentic it may be

viet pork chops are insanely good

when i was a kid i used to just get the pork chops and rice, then i evolved into getting the sketchy meated pho now i've reached a satisfying level at which i get the pork chop AND pho minus the sketchy entrails

ive been frequenting pho 89 on 89 E broadway and have been ultimately satisfied time after time but i hear im still missing out in terms of high quality pho...idkkk

I actually enjoy to eat things for as sketchy and questionable as they are.

Taiwan street food, weirdass sketchy pho, Chinese street food, etc. It's the questionability that helped them make the amazing discovery. Embrace it.