Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

I eat the stuff first too! I could only drink 1/3 of the broth though. Way too much.

I have this one friend who would eat everything, and drink the bowl clean, and then see if anyone else had leftovers.

Monster

that's impressive.

I went to eat ramen yesterday and the bowl is like almost a foot in diameter, but i couldn't finish the broth because I had a plate sushi too. I think that xl bowl will take some work. my tummy gets full pretty easily but I can eat a lot, I just hate that super stuffed feeling while eating..

dessert however, I always have room for. :D

My white mouth is so wide, I can just pour the entire contents of the bowl down my throat in one gulp.

Really though, it aint the chopsticks. My chopstick still are FLAWLESS but I still cant eat that soup as fast as some guys I see. Shit is just too hot. I also tend to add lots of chillies which makes it harder to chug.

I don't drink the soup usually, that shit is too salty for me.

Even if I don't drink the soup I still need to drink a lot of water afterwards...

I got this weird OCD tick where unless I'm trashed I always drink water until I piss clear before I sleep. Shit literally takes like 8 cups to work out of your system. The soup I mean.

quest for pho continues.

mekong delta pho

n31708298_35151819_143144.jpg

more pho

n31708298_35151822_5907496.jpg

the thit nam was unbelievable, the family owned a butcher shop next door so the meat was beyond tender.

back in the city

took some friends to pasteur yesterday

5291_600831561888_31708298_35165857_2364351_n.jpg

not pho, but just as fantastic.

had some chinese ramen with duck today, wontons on the side. so fucking good.

5291_600831606798_31708298_35165860_2476232_n.jpg

god i could really go for some pho, i dont know why but i thought there would be an abundance of bad ass pho spots here in seoul but it has been very few and far between. i did go to this seedy looking vietnamese spot like 2 months ago but i wasnt that hungry so i got the fried rice, which was awesome, but i didnt try the pho, but i havent been back cause i dont exactly remember where it was.

The pho in Korea is awful, it's like mop water and they refuse to use certain spices and most of the herbs for the 'Koreanized' taste, which means just a bowl of rice noodles and not much else.

There has to be a breaking point someday though, because there is a sizable population of Vietnamese people here now. Koreans have eventually warmed up to more authentic everything else, so pho will eventually get the proper treatment. I see sawtooth leaf herb, the right mint, and thai basil at the ethnic shops now, so all of the ingredients that were once missing are now in place.

new yorkers recommend me a good pho place in chinatown that has authentic vietnamese coffee

Try to get Weasel coffee if you can. Every morning in Hanoi I would drink two cups of Weasel 2 and then have a delicious bowl of street pho. Lot's of lime, chilies, and duck. Make sure to wash that down with a Bia Hanoi. Pho, coffee and Bia Hoi are definitely the best parts of Hanoi.

3116499260_e53766c5b8.jpg

because its not invented\from korea..................for now(they will claim it originated in korea once popularity rises)

posted that and then ended up eating korean pho tonight, couldn't even finish it, it was terrible. Just another case of Koreans thinking they know everything and not knowing shit.

For all the dudes who wanna try some Golden Deli delicacies in SGV.

Place is bomb. As fuck.

In fact so bomb that the dude who opened it opened another one with his bro right across the street called Vietnam House. Exact same menu and everything. Some people will tell you it tastes different, but I frequent both and I find them to be pretty much the same. Golden Deli is almost always full first though since it's like the original or whatever...so cross the street for Vietnam House if you can't get a seat.

YO PHO MEETUP PLZ?

posted that and then ended up eating korean pho tonight, couldn't even finish it, it was terrible. Just another case of Koreans thinking they know everything and not knowing shit.

it's been ages since i had good pho since being back in la and visiting westminster with my viet friends.

such a pity that there is no good pho in this city.

and yes, i do prefer japanese ramen over this instant spicy korean ramen any damn day.

You got to hit up Blossom at 426 S Main Street, best pho in downtown

You invested or something? Blossom is fine, bit overpriced and there is way better pho up the street in Chinatown. Good shaking beef and vermicelli tho.

Word on Golden Deli.