Pho?!?!?!?!

JesseJB

so i know you viets are gonna be like, "my mom makes the best pho in the world" but that's simply not true, your palate is not refined. this is the best pho in the world. reconfirmed it today, 6 years later. And that pho 24 joint is whack, it's like mcdonalds of pho, the broth isn't even hot.

Poly, you get any bun bo hue you like? That stuff is my favorite. And yeah, mother makes shit pho.

The best Pho is Vietnam House!

best fur ever

Drive a few miles southeast, hit up Pho Minh. It'll change your mind.

WITHOUT LEAVING THE HAWSE!!

http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/18/pho-vietnamese-noodle-soup/

that ones kinda complicated, i just cook the soup with onion and ginger w/out the meat and add soup base.

and i use shabu shabu meat (cuz...i dunno, i like it better) instead of flanks and add the bean sprouts and basil. so its not as authentic but its still good. satisfying enough for a quick pho tasting meal.

and also, on a side note, bean sprouts are - contrary to my prior thoughts - very high in nutrients!

pho ha in pomona, CA

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-ha-vietnamese-restaurant-pomona

only decent pho in the area... next step up is little saigon area

i've had pho in vietnam... usually wayy MSG'd, but like 25 cents for a bowl...

best i've had is pho to-chau in honolulu, hawaii

http://www.yelp.com/biz/to-chau-restaurant-honolulu

pho ha in pomona, CA

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-ha-vietnamese-restaurant-pomona

only decent pho in the area... next step up is little saigon area

i've had pho in vietnam... usually wayy MSG'd, but like 25 cents for a bowl...

best i've had is pho to-chau in honolulu, hawaii

http://www.yelp.com/biz/to-chau-restaurant-honolulu

indeed great place. go there if i don't want to hit up juanita's drive in burritto down the street

so basically pho is soup + raw meat? i mean i enjoy my fondue chinoise but there the meat gets cooked and you have 5 diff sauces and baguettes to go with the meal... i don't see where the taste in the pho could come from

enlightenment plz?

oh and inb4 "zomgz goe t00 pho pleyssseee!!!" i'm in germany/smallish town so no chance of actually finding it

You can get pho with like 80 billion varieties of raw OR pre-cooked meat (usually beef). The raw stuff is super super thinly sliced, the idea being that you put it into the soup (which is very hot) and it will cook in the soup.

yeah but the soup will cool down and then it'll be only half done, so you'll have to eat extremely fast or what?

judging from the pictures the meat is about as thinly slices as the meat you get with fondue chinoise (well the beef)

yeah but the soup will cool down and then it'll be only half done, so you'll have to eat extremely fast or what?

judging from the pictures the meat is about as thinly slices as the meat you get with fondue chinoise (well the beef)

My dude. You must not be asian.

The soup and raw meat come and you throw that shit in pronto and the soup is REALLY hot and it'll cook. It only cools down if you stupid enough to sit on your hands and wait while the delicious pho be laughing at you.

But really, it's not complicated.

@panda - seriously. Most of the asian guys I see eating pho in chinatown inhale that shit in like under 5 minutes.

that's like the longest I've ever taken to eat a bowl of pho

except this one time when I was foolish enough to order a large at some real og pho place, Pho Saigon I think... it was the size of a sink bowl. It made "large" bowls from other places look like dwarves

0320092206.jpg

the chopsticks didn't even fit all the way across the bowl, you could fit 4/5 tea cups in the bottom, etc...

took like 10 mins to eat

that's like the longest I've ever taken to eat a bowl of pho

except this one time when I was foolish enough to order a large at some real og pho place, Pho Saigon I think... it was the size of a sink bowl. It made "large" bowls from other places look like dwarves

0320092206.jpg

the chopsticks didn't even fit all the way across the bowl, you could fit 4/5 tea cups in the bottom, etc...

took like 10 mins to eat

nig that aint nothing

when I was a young strapping teenager I used to order the XL and mango smoothie at our regular joint, and my dad would get the L and when they brought our food they would always swap our orders because they thought I couldn't eat the XL

the XL you can lose your chopsticks in (0)

nig that aint nothing

when I was a young strapping teenager I used to order the XL and mango smoothie at our regular joint, and my dad would get the L and when they brought our food they would always swap our orders because they thought I couldn't eat the XL

the XL you can lose your chopsticks in (0)

wtf? did you drink the broth? that is ridiculous

I always get the red bean/condensed milk/ice w/ the pho, best shit ever

wtf? did you drink the broth? that is ridiculous

I always get the red bean/condensed milk/ice w/ the pho, best shit ever

^I think he means during

for me anyways cos I eat the noodle first then drink the broth

I eat the stuff first too! I could only drink 1/3 of the broth though. Way too much.

I have this one friend who would eat everything, and drink the bowl clean, and then see if anyone else had leftovers.

Monster

^I think he means during

for me anyways cos I eat the noodle first then drink the broth

yeah

I eat the stuff first too! I could only drink 1/3 of the broth though. Way too much.

I have this one friend who would eat everything, and drink the bowl clean, and then see if anyone else had leftovers.

Monster

I doubt I could consume the XL, but I always drink the broth for the L. the beef tripe, meat, and noodles have to be consumed at an even rate otherwise I feel like I haven't experienced it correctly.

??

I never put hotsauce, but I always add the basil, mint, bean sprouts, lime. I can't imagine eating it without those

I usually eat fast paced, but then I start to sweat a lil bit when I drink the soup because I eat hella fast so it's still hot as fuck when I drink it

fuck my mouth is watering

hate the smell that it leaves on your clothes after

the next day though, smells kinda good