What are you drinking today?

mwrenchd

Just got back from a short 2 day holiday in Carmel in CA and since I'm not into beer much, except for Belgians of course, I (with some help) went through 2 bottles of Charles Ellner Rose NV champagne, a bottle of Pierre Moncuit NV champagne, Talbott '02 Chardonnay Sleepy Hollow x 2, a bottle of '02 Voillot Volnay and one of '89 VieuxTelegraph. Drinking a bit of 10 year old Calvados right now.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from a short 2 day holiday in Carmel in CA and since I'm not into beer much, except for Belgians of course, I (with some help) went through 2 bottles of Charles Ellner Rose NV champagne, a bottle of Pierre Moncuit NV champagne, Talbott '02 Chardonnay Sleepy Hollow x 2, a bottle of '02 Voillot Volnay and one of '89 VieuxTelegraph. Drinking a bit of 10 year old Calvados right now.

Great holiday.

stupid variety tonight... started with St Ides High Gravity, moved on to Coors Light, followed by PBR, followed by shots of Knob Creek, followed by more PBR, and getting hit on by Texan sorority girls in a random brooklyn dive.

needless to say, the night ended with a load of White Castle and an overpriced cab ride home...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

so i'd been having problems shitting in the last couple of dayz, so the other day i got a juice from the deli on spring and lafayette and it consisted of:

beets, carrots, ginger, ginseng extract, bee pollen, vitamin c something. Anyways, the shit looked florescent orange, but it tasted alright. and it fixed my shitting problem within the half hour.*

so does anyone juice on a reg basis? if so, what sort of cominations work for you? any recommendations on good juice bars in NY? as im only familiar with ones in LA. Thanks.

*btw, if youre looking for a clean bathroom in soho, the downstairs mens section of bloomingdales is quite comfortable.

oh yeah, last night ....

Amarone_Tedeschi917.jpg

(I'd disagree with beers not being classified as "dark" or "light" . .. try mill street tank house if you can find it)

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong. The color doesn't necessarily determine the type of brewing or ingredients.

Beer color has to do with the types of malts used. More or less determines the color of the beer.

So it would not be innacurate to make the generalization that ingredients DO influence the final color of the brew.

But as with just about anything, you can get pretty specific if you want.

Can't think of a real cheap darker beer. But I can always go for anything by Deschutes Brewery (Mirror Pond specifically).

knocked back a few killians.....can anyone recommend a different relatively cheap dark beer?

If I remember correctly Killian's isn't very dark or bitter. you might want to try Yuengling if you can get it; I think distribution is pretty good now, and though I'm not a big beer drinker, it is one of my favorites. JW Dundee's, makers of that sweet yet delicious in the summer sun beer Honey Brown, now also makes an amber lager. I saw it in the grocery store the other day. I haven't had it, but the honey brown isn't bad so you might want to try it.