Supreme NYC

pkrolian

You have to keep calling. They will only pick up the phone if you follow the rules correctly.

1)You have to call 8 times allowing 6 rings for each call while allowing a 10-15 sec break between calls, but only 10-15 seconds!

2)After that you wait 5 minutes (get an egg timer if need be) and call again, this time calling 6 times allowing 8 rings for each call and allowing 10-15 seconds between calls.

3)Once you do this, wait 1 minute and call again. On the 4th ring they'll pick up. When they do you must knock 5 times on something, pick something you know the phone will pick up. You will then be asked if you want the password or the url! You must decide quickly or they will hang up on you. Good Luck!

I have a solution!!!!!!!!

instead of calling and bugging the FUCK out of the staff asking your pointless questions all day-why not drop by the shop?

dont call and ask when this or that is coming out,imagine if YOU were staff-and had to answer the phone all day answering the same questions that they dont have answers to...just imagine that...

stop calling.dead up.

try and call jupafett all day instead,he knows the deal.

Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Why does it matter if they have an answering machine. There are enough things to do in running a brand/store that setting up an answering machine is way down on the list. When they open, they open. To be honest, the stores never run out of things in the first couple of days. Not everything is put out at once. New stuff is spaced out so it doesnt sell out right away. So go the third day and pick up what everyone waiting for hours picked up the first day. No hassle.

Quote:

I feel like anyone standing in line is a reseller.

--- Original message by RedFoxxworth on Mar 17, 2005 05:49 PM

it's funny cause i feel the same way about everyone else when i'm standing in line.

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

AlanT: maybe you responded to me,so you can justify selling everything you buy to HK,.which is partly the reason why they dont answer the phone,and limit purchases...if you wanna get into it with me,you'll lose.

chill the fuck out? i think not...i was stating my opinion,deal with it,or hand carry your purchases so they dont get caught up in customs,squirt.

Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

haha, i think not man, I live in the UK and both times I have been to NY recently Supreme has been closed...to be honest I dont give a fuck about Supreme, i buy what i like for me and never have or intend to sell anything on.

I can handle your opinion, but I've been a long time sleeper on here and everyone is jumping on everyone else's back, if you dont agree with someone I can feel that, but every thread is the same now with people getting shot down.

Oh, i'm not into internet beefs either, it's fucking pointless, so as I said before....chill out.

Quote:

sr this is totally OT but do you really have a sr20det? just curious

--- Original message by Ryan on Mar 18, 2005 10:05 AM

it was just a sn i chose at the time of registration because i was trying to horde parts together for a s13 build. i've since abandoned that effort, just like my b18c powered eg6. priorities man, priorities.

anyhow, back to the thread... icon_smile_cool.gif

I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit

and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

at first glance, it's easy to make fun of the nerds on line at Supreme camped out to get the hottest, newest, most limited, nike or other corporate conglomerate collabo blah blah blah.

but the reseller point that was made earlier, is kinda true. so if you're making dough off some poor shit who lives in the middle of nowhere and needs to feel like he's part of 'the big city', then fine. you're meeting a demand. don't hate on these people, at least they're trying to hustle

the truly sad cats are people who come here from all reaches of the globe to buy poorly made shirts, hats, track jackets, sweatshirts...nothing quality about any of it (design/cut&sew wise), it's just funny or privatejoke-type graphics which are pretty solid usually, but nothing much else. a few years back i went there to buy a winter beanie, the tag fell off on the TRAIN RIDE HOME. i'd been waiting for them to step up their craftsmanship game, but realized that they never will---because they don't have to. look at you pathetic fucking herbs, freaking the fuck out because there is tape on the windows. as long as customers are so willing to blindly follow such an overrated thing, you'll continually get shit product because they know you'll fall for anything.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

there's a whole series of shirts by the same guy: anyone know who this is? his signature is on the shirt.

there's some full-print photo tees similar to the Martha Cooper tees, except they're old nyc-related skate photos from some guy named Bill Thomas (sorry i'm not 'down' enough to know who this is...any info on him?)

also some sweatshirts with piping down the sleeves, and some more New Era caps: this time with cash iconography all over them.

all this stuff's on auctions.yahoo.co.jp. just search on 'supreme 05'

question: what's up with "alpha" on the backpacks and duffles? similar to how "40 thieves" was on all the bags and some of the military pants last year. any info on what 'alpha' or '40 thieves' is all about?

fully expecting to get called out by someone for all the questions but oh well. just curious!

Edited by rhythmandsound on Apr 4, 2005 at 07:36 PM

The artist who did the art for the black and white tees is an NY artist from the 80's who used to do a lot of art on the streets back then. His name is Richard Hambleton. He is known by some people but has kind of gotten lost in the schuffle over the years.

I think the best thing that came out this season was the Saville Box Logo stickers. They turned out really nice.