Winter coats?!

Le kid

Might not be a winter coat, but has anyone seen or handled this APC M65 in person?

apcm65.jpg

I tried on this jacket in black at Steven Alan. It fit really well. I tried on a large I think and I am 6'2" 165-170. It was quite slim fitting. Unfortunately it is very lightweight, and the quality, IMO, didnt make it seem worth the price. Hope this helps somewhat.

Edit: Someone else on the board posted pics of the black one recently in the recent purchases thread. He might be able to tell you more.

• 4 months later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllNightPony View Post

the auction for this is over, what style is this coat and where can I get one like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital_denim View Post

Just found this one on yahoo japan auctions.

3xs6.jpg

very nice. anyone have info on this one?

Does anyone have any info on this one??

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

bringing an old thread up...im looking for a thigh length slim black wool overcoat in a 1/2 button blazer style (like the dior one still was selling a a couple weeks back). ive found a couple that i really like but all of them were sold out. budget is around 600 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

So im looking for a winter coat again - size 36 - thigh length to long, wool or cotton, blazer style..... Charles Tyrwhitt and boden are both too big AND cut far too boxy.

Id like a 3-4 button version of my julius really, slim arms, high arm holds. Ive had a wool/cashmere 'Kowens off yoox and also a viridi anne blazer recently but both have been perfect on shoulders/arms and waist but 3-4 inches too long :-(

Acne and APC maybe this winter i dunno...

Swooc - you found anything?

winter coats are wack. it's all about being underdressed and complaining about the cold while you smoke a cigarette outside.

ha, funny how you've built up some kind of e-character :P

I need a winter coat this year too... can't wear a cotton jacket over here anymore.

I'm a little bit worried about this too... It will be my first winter in Montreal and coming from Vancouver I have no idea what to expect.

This VA parka is insane but its undoubtedly impossible to find and $1500+

2485285072_fec4290124_o.jpg

mass, 2000db, other Montrealers, is a heavy parka necessary to survive the winter?

I'm probably either gonna go with Bless or VA. That parka is insane, I've never seen it stocked anywhere either...and I've hit up so many in search of it.

I just realized I look like crap in leather jackets. Doesn't matter if it's RO, Julius, or thrift. And by crap, I mean terrorist. :(

MJK jacket also includes haircut.

I've got the Corpus cadet one from last winter and it's pretty warm in the torso, but the arms are susceptible to wind. The body can be too if you're in an awkward position, since the spacing of the buttons can leave a huge opening. But overall, excellent coat for the price. In our usual Canadian winters I didn't need another layer other than my shirt and the jacket; a sweater meant I'd get overheated doing anything other than standing around.

The recent VA high collar coat I bought, is very thick and warm, and the lining makes a BIG difference also... Melbourne winters are no Canada winters, but it's pleanty warm enough for me at the moment

• 1 month later...

september is creeping up (and yes that means it's gonna start getting cold 2 weeks in some places) and i'm on the search for a classic coat this winter...i'm thinking a normal length (not that long since i'm not the tallest) pea coat. any recommendations for anything around $800?

september is creeping up (and yes that means it's gonna start getting cold 2 weeks in some places) and i'm on the search for a classic coat this winter...i'm thinking a normal length (not that long since i'm not the tallest) pea coat. any recommendations for anything around $800?

Nom de Guerre has one in that price range in the twill fabric (not the rubber one). Woolrich Woolen Mills also has a really nice sturdy one just under $700 and is fully lined.

product3660_large.jpg

Yes winter is soon upon us an I'm currently investing in my first leather jacket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllNightPony View Post

the auction for this is over, what style is this coat and where can I get one like it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by digital_denim View Post

Just found this one on yahoo japan auctions.

3xs6.jpg

very nice. anyone have info on this one?

Does anyone have any info on this one??

i know i'm reviving this, but i would love to rock this in the coming winter

anyone?