Winter coats?!

Le kid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to be in New York this weekend looking for a coat to get. It is a birthday present, and I have about $500 to spend. I was looking at the APC military coat, http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C021215250H , but I was wondering if there were any other stores I might want to check out. It has to be in the price range above, because I really don't have any more money to spend.

I've been dying to get an asymmetric coat/jacket for a long time. I almost got an asymmetric yohji jacket but someone got to it before I could decide ... so I'm without again. Someone find out who makes this damn jacket!

So i bought a winter coat too! I wanted the charles tywhitt pea coat but it had sold out in my size and restock wasnt untill late jan, so I bought a boden overcoat, it was pretty cheap, £97, so if it fits ill be very happy. Im hoping it does because boden jumpers do fit me but they're shirts are like tents on me. Ill still be looking for a peacoat anyhow.

http://www.boden.co.uk/col.asp?segname=%4D%65%6E&styid=ME020&segid=4&gpname=%4A%61%63%6B%65%74%73%2F%43%6F%61%74%73&desname=%4F%76%65%72%63%6F%61%74&gpid=11&gen=#

i got the brown dogstooth.

I am still looking for a real short winter coat, like this one from DH:

DiorHommeCroppedPeacoat.jpg

Anyone has seen this jacket in size 46?

Or other coats that have the same style?

Suggestions are welcome :D

you serious? JDM had one in 46 for a while, he JUST sold it on ebay a few weeks back cuz he couldn't get rid of it on supertalk. most beautiful jacket i've seen from dior. if not, try some japanese sites, the big thing right now in japan is short pea coats, maybe not as cropped as the dior one, but shorter than average, should hit at the waist.

I've been dying to get an asymmetric coat/jacket for a long time. I almost got an asymmetric yohji jacket but someone got to it before I could decide ... so I'm without again. Someone find out who makes this damn jacket!

make it yourself. mine is basically identical to that one, its the military peacoat from h&m, $120, some scissors and you're all set, thinking about getting it slimmed up and maybe even cropped a bit.

DSC03687.jpg