What Cellphone are you Rocking?

emaze

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the Blackberry Pearl...i love it.

how's typing on it compare to the regular one with the qwerty keyboard? my only worry with the phone is that if it's similar to t9 input, you have to type full words and i find it annoying, since i text/send mail a lot.

I am just wondering how easy it is to transfer information from one phone to the next.

Both phones run on Windows mobile so they can both be synced by an Exchange server or by Outlook - either by a cable connected to your computer or by air (GPRS). So copying your contacts is just a matter of plugging in the cable or entering the address for the mailserver.

Exchange currently offers the same features as Blackberry, so I get push-mails as well.

With an Exchange server, it doesn't matter what device I use: Outlook on my desktop computer is synced with my Exchange server, on computers that don't have Outlook installed I can use Exchange's web interface, on a laptop I can sync Outlook over secure web and my phone is synced over GPRS using push-technology.

how's typing on it compare to the regular one with the qwerty keyboard? my only worry with the phone is that if it's similar to t9 input, you have to type full words and i find it annoying, since i text/send mail a lot.

it's not similar to t9 each key is shared fro two letters, and it uses software called suretype, it's not as nice as a true qwerty (i used to use the 7130e same keypad as pearl) but with a little practice you can be significantly quicker than most t9 users

omg, can I unlock it to use it here in canada?

unfortunetly no, as it's neither gsm or 3G compatible (well, we don't have 3G yet in Canada anyway). however, DoCoMo plans to have all their handsets the be gsm compatible somewhere in 2007 so then, it'll be possible to get a crazy nice phone from japan, unlock it and bring it abroad.

I think I've probably owned about 15 nokias in the past 10+ years. I've made the mistake of switching brands 2 times, I had one motorola for 3 weeks and also had one siemens for about 2 weeks, after which I switched to another nokia model. they're just so much more user friendly and better to use in every way..

n80.jpg

current ringtone: the cardigans - lovefool

Rocking the Asia-Pac version of the K800....the K790i. Picked it up at the MBK center amid the other 200+ mobile phone dealers.

Had a few annoying bugs so far so I probably should have waited but the 3.2 megapixel camera kicks ass...

I just got the Blackberry Pearl...i love it.

I was thinking of copping this but is it Cingular only? How is it? Probally be my next phone, much smaller than the other blackberry's. Looks like they bit the Vertu design. Stll a nice phone.

i hate you.

so how is it?

It's good... not great. I had the P910i for the longest time and loved that one. Feels weird seeing a blank plate when the flip is open... the jog dial doesn't move forwards and back anymore... you really have to push the jog and back button down pretty hard for it to register.

Otherwise, camera is vastly improved... keyboard is more usable... wifi is nice, now I just need to find Symbian software to do VoIP at work so I can roam on both. I've always liked the footprint for a "smartphone" since it's not too wide and is about as big as I'd want a phone to be without being too big.

Hope you like yours. I'll use this one until Nokia rolls something out with native Cisco VoIP support.