Leather patches on jeans

xviralx

haha yeah.. i thought the threads about that too... anyways, have been contemplating about ripping the leather tag from my nudie away but cant really be bothered since my shirts always covering it.

I was just looking at my pair of SJDBCs and was thinking the same thing. The (p)leather patch nudie uses is repulsive. Its almost as thin as the denim they use. . .

if you want to see leather-patched jeans, google mikiharu tsujita( full-count founder) he has a pair of 5-year FCs he patched with scraps of leather. if you look, you'll find a article someone wrote with an interview and pics....

• 1 month later...

anyone know what would happen if i just put regular vegetable oil on my FH leather patch?? im guessing it would get screwed up somehow??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fullcount WWII jeans

Thought I'd show some of the insane grain popping out from the fullcount patch. I've worn these jeans for 4 months, about 4 days a week, washed every month. I gave the patch one rub down of Obenauf's LP before soak and that's it. 5 washes later, it's looking awesome. No pics of the jeans, because there isn't any wear (not significant wear, NO wear). Of course, working at a call centre and riding the motorcycle on weekends isn't exactly skating in the park, but I'd have thought they'd start to wear by now, but nothing. It's kind of embarrassing. The indigo on these jeans are bulletproof.

Anyway, on with the pics.

New patch.

fcw05.jpg

Patch now.

Fullcountpatch01.jpg

Close up

Fullcountpatch02.jpg

And here's some wear on the black coated buttons. You can see the copper underneath.

fullcountbutton.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cross Post from Evolution of Leather Goods

photo.jpg

My girlfriend's SExIH01s. Patch was never treated or deliberately sunned with the exception of a super light application of pecards a few days before this picture...it didn't darken the leather at all but it did make it more supple and less like a brittle leather dagger.

• 3 months later...