xviralx

Leather patches on jeans

412 posts in this topic

^lovely! what are those white stitches at the corners of the patch? I don't know Samurai that well- are they always there? Left over from a paper flasher? Or are they from a repair?

^lovely! what are those white stitches at the corners of the patch? I don't know Samurai that well- are they always there? Left over from a paper flasher? Or are they from a repair?

it's a personalized [added-on] feature_ most of my jeans have them. it started as a means to reinforce a Denime patch [about to fall off] & then it became a ritual before they queue in for rotation.

samsugfulskul.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

does anybody use obenaufs on their leather patches before the hot soak so it repels the water to prevent shrinking/cracking?

what he^ said. but i prefer Mustang Paste over oil.

Edited by Max Power

me too. because from my observation so far, mustang paste is a good care product but don't really change the color, so the leather can still age naturally

so good

Gorgeous patch - ostrich leather - amazing

My pair due in the post have a navy alligator patch so I agree totally - SO SO GOOD

Do exotic leathers need treating to keep them looking that great?

+1 to the use of Obenauf's on patches. I always use a really thin coating on patches after a soak or wash.

+1 to the use of Obenauf's on patches. I always use a really thin coating on patches after a soak or wash.

do most people use the obenauf heavy duty lp or the leather oil?

do most people use the obenauf heavy duty lp or the leather oil?

I use the lp, and I'm fairly confident others do as well.

Thanks a lot for the advice because I wouldn't want to ruin the patch.

They're due next week but I won't be washing them for a while.

we make leather patch,leather labels,Jean labels for lots of clothes company

there are some customer of us...

leather-patch025.jpgleather-patch022.jpgleather-patch033.jpgleather-patch036.jpgleather-patch054.jpg

leather-patch069.jpgleather-patch180.jpgleather-patch190.jpgleather-patch201.jpgleather-patch213.jpg

SDA XXX-28 horsehide

002-4.jpg?t=1356302302

SDA D1507 horsehide

003-5.jpg?t=1356303757

SDA D1554 deerskin

001-3.jpg?t=1356303012

Edited by lance

SageSeesMore

leatherpatch18oz.jpg

Goatskin leather from 45RPM Jomon purchased O/W in 2005

002-6_zpsb9e18942.jpg?t=1366146157

E82D5DDA-B88E-471B-9E90-C8FF5260C336-3769-000004A64EB15015_zpscdfbf56e.jpg[/url]

Trophy deer skin patch.

Hey guys, I am a complete newb to leather care and have been rocking brands without leather patches for a while now, but I just got some Flat Head BSP's and want to do right by the leather patch. That said, how can I go from the leather patch as it comes 

se05bsp_01_02.jpg

to something more like this

1477599805_fa610b61f2.jpg

I understand some of this has to do with just wearing and breaking in. But should I be using polish to darken? What specific products should I be investing in? Obenauf's has been mentioned specifically a few times in the thread.  But which product? Just the Obenauf's Oil? Obenauf's Heavy LP? I'd appreciate if those that know could break off a newb with some knowledge.

Obenauf's heavy duty LP is a great product to preserve and protect but it will not darken your patch to that degree.  Only thing that will do that is time.  basically, be patient.  

I understand some of this has to do with just wearing and breaking in. But should I be using polish to darken? What specific products should I be investing in? Obenauf's has been mentioned specifically a few times in the thread.  But which product? Just the Obenauf's Oil? Obenauf's Heavy LP? I'd appreciate if those that know could break off a newb with some knowledge.

also two different kinds of leather, in time and with care yours will look more like bradi's

andimrob, remember its evolution not revolution.