Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Would anyone be able to tell me the sizing difference between an 18cm tight fit and a black 19cm raw (both size 26)? I am wondering about the difference in waist, thigh, and cuff measurements, because my 18cm tights, being 27s and originally not even a tad tight on me, have stretched out a bit and i am thinking to get either a sturdier pair of jeans, or the same in a smaller size..

Thanks for the help.

i'm not finding the japanese 19cm anywhere, so i guess i'd go with the italian ones - differences/anyone know where to get the jap ones?

Search for SuFu member "The Grapist" he's pretty much the official MIJ Indigo 19cm provider for SuFu... depending on your waist size, he might be able to help you out. Edit: Ok, found the thread http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=23121

I wouldn't recommend Italians, I didn't like the fit at all compared to MIJ, the one time I tried them on...

I wouldn't recommend Italians, I didn't like the fit at all compared to MIJ, the one time I tried them on...

I guess its different from person to person. I actually like the fit of my black MII better than my indigo MIJ.

I dunno if I'm too chunky to wear 19cm.

I'm usually a sz30 in most jeans, but I have bigger thighs/calves from working out.

There's no way in hell I can fit into April77 or Cheap Monday sz30/31.

I tried on a pair of New Standard sz30 and they were way too big at the waist but comfortably loose (i would prefer tighter) down the legs.

Would I be too large to fit into 19cm? Or 21cm?

Cheers

-kai

^ You could definitely fit into a size 29 19cm, but it might not be too comfortable for you and it might not be the look you want. I have big thighs and calves too but I get by because I'm a size 27. If you were tall it might help though.

^ You could definitely fit into a size 29 19cm, but it might not be too comfortable for you and it might not be the look you want. I have big thighs and calves too but I get by because I'm a size 27. If you were tall it might help though.

Yours are MII right? Do MIJ fit significantly slimmer? This is getting hard. I was at Holt's the other day and they didn't have them to try on. Grr.

I'm not tall :( Only 68.5". This sux. Hah.

I just measured my best fitting pair of jeans. Laid flat, they are 16" across the waist. 12" across the crotch-thigh area, 10" mid thigh, 9" knees, and 8" bottom opening. Thighs are slim-fitted comfortably. Waist has some give, and calves also have some give.

I'm looking at numbers here but I'm unsure if these are "worn-in" numbers or brand new (with some stretch left)

Yours are MII right? Do MIJ fit significantly slimmer?

My indigos are MIJ, and my blacks are MII. MIJ are noticeably slimmer at first, especially at the calves and waist. The hem is also a lot smaller than an equal sized MII. The thing is MIJ stretches more (or so I've heard).

Is holt's out of dior jeans????!

I got the 21cm MII indigo from gf as a bday gift. Honestly I cannot tell the difference between dior and the other raw denim (ie apc) except a slightly variation in color. So I will ask her to exchange for something cheaper. Just cannot convince myself to keep the jean.

i think people buy different types of raw denim more for the fit than the color...

i was wondering if dior homme 19cm MIJ should be first given a soak and dry before their worn, or if they should just be worn right out the box?

question to those who wear their diors tight... do u specially carry a bag just to put your wallet and handphone inside?

My handphone got problem fitting into the front pocket :( what about u guys?

No wallet for me, just a money clip. Cellphone goes into the back pocket since its thin. Otherwise if I'm wearing a jacket everything just goes in there.

sorry in advance for the noob question, but my friend works for dior and is getting me a pair for a really good price. i'm hoping that without getting flamed, someone can reccomend the best pair for me. i'm just under 6 ft, 135 lbs, and i'm a 31 waist.

sorry in advance for the noob question, but my friend works for dior and is getting me a pair for a really good price. i'm hoping that without getting flamed, someone can reccomend the best pair for me. i'm just under 6 ft, 135 lbs, and i'm a 31 waist.

the waist on dior jeans usually run about 2 inches bigger than the tag size, so if your waist measures 31 you could probably get a size 29 or 30, depending on how slim you want it.

TheGrapist, who imports the MIJ 18, 19 and 21cm models told me that because of my 35 natural waist that I should get a 32 in the Dior's - does this make sense? I'd like to hear from owners or anyone with fittign info on the 19cm model (I want them skinny)

^^^^

If the grapiest said it than it's legit..He knows whats up, got my pair from him and they fit great..Might be alittle tight first 2 days or so but they stretch out in no time. One week on mine and i need a belt, and they first days i had to leave the clasp unbuttoned..

Are you kidding? If your friend works in Dior, he should get us all stuff at great price.:D

I got first dibs!

Anyway 29 would fit your waist nice. Since you are 135 pounds, you would be very skinny for your height. So it should fit your thighs.

TheGrapist, who imports the MIJ 18, 19 and 21cm models told me that because of my 35 natural waist that I should get a 32 in the Dior's - does this make sense? I'd like to hear from owners or anyone with fittign info on the 19cm model (I want them skinny)

yeah listen to him... but with your large waist the 19s might look a little too slim... i would go for the 21s. im a natural 33, got size 31 from grapist and they fit great. plus with my big feet (size 12) the 19 cuff looks funny on bigger/taller guys imho.

yeah listen to him... but with your large waist the 19s might look a little too slim... i would go for the 21s. im a natural 33, got size 31 from grapist and they fit great. plus with my big feet (size 12) the 19 cuff looks funny on bigger/taller guys imho.

i'm going for the skinny look, i have more muscular legs because i play basketball, so its not as if i'm completely chickenlegged, and i want skinny skinny, not just silhouetted skinny

thats crazy talk large waist isn;'t going to make things look too slim, if your body is proportoinate

thats crazy talk large waist isn;'t going to make things look too slim, if your body is proportoinate

I think he meant because of his large waist size, 19cm is not going to be a good look.

I wear 27 in Dior and I'm starting to think 19cm are too skinny for my big thighs and calves. I might look into 21cm.