Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

julian red hobokens are much slimmer than 19cm from my experience.

lalalalala.jpg

so heres a little fit comparison i did in the skulls thread for jeans that are similar to dior 19cm

1) sling and stones daniel. siimilar fit throughout the thighs, leg opening is slightly smaller - SZ 30 (stretched out alot, shoulda gone with 29)

2) dior 19cm SZ 30 (again, shoulda gone with 29)

3) skull 5010xx, fits slightly slimmer on the thighs btu leg opening is very similar to dior - SZ 31 (hasnt stretched much at all, fits perfectly)

4) and S&S daniel again.

another i would suggest is trying out PBJ xx-005's btu they have a bigger leg opening. and a cheap alternative would be APC New Cures but the fit isnt nearly as flattering to be honest.

heres a little fit comparison i did between the three

http://eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?SectionID=7000&styleid=11436985

Are these raw? I know very little about Dior but I'd like to possibly get a pair and the price seems pretty good on these

Brut = Raw in French, but as it says, they're the Italian ones, which is why they're cheaper. They measure larger, stretch more, and according to many just don't hold up to the more expensive Made in Japan (MIJ) ones.

Those faded indigos look great dismalfuture, but once again, does anyone have pictures of worn black 19cms? Everyone keeps saying they're really difficult to fade, but I don't think I've seen a single picture yet.

Those faded indigos look great dismalfuture, but once again, does anyone have pictures of worn black 19cms? Everyone keeps saying they're really difficult to fade, but I don't think I've seen a single picture yet.

I've worn my blacks significantly less than the indigo, but nevertheless they still don't seem to be fading in any way. I wouldn't count on them fading for as long as I'll be wearing them either.

I'm still on the fence about my next indigo jean purchase, I've got nothing raw anymore and it's probably time I did. I've enjoyed my Diors and could go for a new pair of MIJ 19cm, but I will probably spring for Skulls and something else, seeing as I can buy 2 pairs of Japanese jeans for 1 pair of Diors...

17cm models = 19cm models

hem gets smaller as size gets smaller

No. One of the last times I was at the boutique, the manager gave me a look book. The washed jeans in the book are all listed as 19cm but it says "Also available in 17cm and 21cm models"

They're not available in the US this season, but someone I know just came back from Japan, and said that they have 17cm models there. They are incredibly slim, since washed 19cms are slimmer than their raw counterparts in the same size.

yup exactly what Grapist said.

the hem actually measures out to be 16.5cmand from japan. but i am trying to get an idea how they are aesthically...........are they TIGHT like april 77 are just a bit slimmer than 19 Japans.

No. One of the last times I was at the boutique, the manager gave me a look book. The washed jeans in the book are all listed as 19cm but it says "Also available in 17cm and 21cm models"

They're not available in the US this season, but someone I know just came back from Japan, and said that they have 17cm models there. They are incredibly slim, since washed 19cms are slimmer than their raw counterparts in the same size.

I went to Holt Renfrew in Toronto to see if I could pick up a pair of 19cm, and when I asked the sales lady if the indigo raw was 19 or 21, she got out a measuring tape and said that they were 14cm? The ones I tried on were size 28, and they were quite a bit tighter in the legs than my MII 19cm in size 27. I could barely fit my calfs in, and the stacking was just awkward. What the heck were those? I doubt they were 17cm. Is there a 15cm???

I'm a little concerned about the sizing on my 19cm MIJs; I've only been wearing them for about a day and a half now, but they seem to have stretched considerably already (size 31, they measure 33.5" in the waist, as opposed to the 33" I heard previously). Still a little uncomfortably tight, but not nearly as ball-smashing as everyone has described. My actual waist is 34", is it likely these will stretch all the way to 34.5"? Here's a photo:

Diors.jpg

I just hope I sized right, it seems like a 30 would be way too small, but now I'm not sure...

They're pretty tight around the thighs and near the waist, much tighter than my Nudie Bootcut Olas, which have notoriously tight thighs, but around the waist itself it's definitely a close call.

If I had to choose between a really tight look and slightly loose, I think I'd go with the latter, but definitely not an inch loose. TheGrapist said 31s were 33" and stretched to 34", but I forgot to measure before wearing them, and as I said they're now 33.5". Can anyone else verify how much these will actually stretch? My waist is exactly 34", but I'd like to figure this out soon in case I need to size down again.

I went to Holt Renfrew in Toronto to see if I could pick up a pair of 19cm, and when I asked the sales lady if the indigo raw was 19 or 21, she got out a measuring tape and said that they were 14cm? The ones I tried on were size 28, and they were quite a bit tighter in the legs than my MII 19cm in size 27. I could barely fit my calfs in, and the stacking was just awkward. What the heck were those? I doubt they were 17cm. Is there a 15cm???

Which Holt Renfrew did you go to, I've never been able to find them there, and which part of the store are they located in?

i guess they are selvage raws...gona be like 595 CDN?

Which Holt Renfrew did you go to, I've never been able to find them there, and which part of the store are they located in?

oh and i believe only the holts on bloor carries dior homme, its located on the main level, placed with the rest of the mens designer clothing (left side of store)

alright, just a quick be-all-end-all question for me:

if i sized down two on my APC New Standards (tagged size 30, i'm about a 32 waist), what size should i get in 19cm MIJ Dior's? 30? 31?

29 or 30. For MIJs The waist on a 30 measures 16" flat, the waist on a 29 measures 15.5", and the jeans will stretch about an inch. Depends on what kind of fit you want.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the clerk measured wrong. But keep in mind a 19cm jean will ONLY measure 19cm in one size, depending on what type of jean it is, and where it is made (Raw, MII, 30, MIJ, 32, Washed MIJ, 34).

A 28 MII 19cm will measure 18cm, a MIJ will measure 17cm, and a MIJ washed will measure 16cm.

i guess they are selvage raws...gona be like 595 CDN?

Selvedge raws are 21cm cuts. A size 28 would measure 19cm.

are there any differences in measurements between the black/indigo MIJ 19cm's?

No.

They're pretty tight around the thighs and near the waist, much tighter than my Nudie Bootcut Olas, which have notoriously tight thighs, but around the waist itself it's definitely a close call.

If I had to choose between a really tight look and slightly loose, I think I'd go with the latter, but definitely not an inch loose. TheGrapist said 31s were 33" and stretched to 34", but I forgot to measure before wearing them, and as I said they're now 33.5". Can anyone else verify how much these will actually stretch? My waist is exactly 34", but I'd like to figure this out soon in case I need to size down again.

my 19cm's stretched out from tagged size 30 and when i measured it last, it was close to 34...waist is too big on me :( but you shouldnt have a problem with the stretch on those.