Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Help me superfuture, you're my only hope...

or 31:

Dior31.jpg

Btw, at the urging of the very hostile (really very rude) dior homme sales rep I got the 31, but I would prefer everyone's more reliable advice if I'm to exchange.

Thanks!

I don't like when diors are hugging the legs but 31 appear to give you a relaxed yet slim look which I personally like better.

Do these jeans have a security tag on them? (specifically at the NY store)

no, but there's only one pair on display and the sa gets the other sizes from downstairs/the back. however, if your thinking of stealing a pair it'd be practically impossible. there's usually 2 people on the floor and a doorman, plus the store is just a hallway.

at which DH boutique were the SA's rude to you?

LA. Cort and Sean are super cool and accomodating. There was another dude however, (who I won't name but I think has some managerial title) who is one of the bigger douches I've yet to encounter in life, let alone retail.

Help me superfuture, you're my only hope...

Btw, at the urging of the very hostile (really very rude) dior homme sales rep I got the 31, but I would prefer everyone's more reliable advice if I'm to exchange.!

From what I have read of this thread, you should buy the 30s. I like the way the 31s look on you better, but the 30s will stretch into that look. I am going to be picking up a pair myself when I make it down to LA in May and when I try mine on I am going to see what I like best, then size down one.

Yea i think u should buy the 30's.

U better head down to LA fast cuz the salesperson told me their jeans sell out fast!

I just picked up my mine yesterday and my look looks like 30's. so i think u should go with the 30's

Kind of a lazy update but I saw that pic of the Diors on the last page not washed since 2005 and wanted to show something the opposite; here are my selvedge Diors, washed somewhat frequently (first time after 4 months, then monthly or even bi-weekly afterwards...) the back left pocket now has a hole from cigarette boxes that will probably blow out completely unless I fix it.... Nothing great as they stretched out too much but they kept indigo pretty fastidiously and lost it where they abraded anything...

diorside.jpg

Kind of a lazy update but I saw that pic of the Diors on the last page not washed since 2005 and wanted to show something the opposite; here are my selvedge Diors, washed somewhat frequently (first time after 4 months, then monthly or even bi-weekly afterwards...) the back left pocket now has a hole from cigarette boxes that will probably blow out completely unless I fix it.... Nothing great as they stretched out too much but they kept indigo pretty fastidiously and lost it where they abraded anything...

diorside.jpg

Looks nice. More pics?

no more pics :P Maybe later...

I forgot to mention that I guess these are about 9 months old... the selvedge train tracks are barely beginning to appear, and the stitching around the pockets and back yokes puckered up nicely but the inseam won't shrink and pucker so I'm worried the train tracks won't look that great...

dismal,those look awesome!..my pair are only a little over a month old..i want a pair of selvedge!.i've looked through this thread and there is no direct answer as to where they were/are sold,except the one cat that bought them overseas,japan?.if you've got any leads,please let me know...

question: would a person who usually wears a 32 or even a 30 inseam look silly with the dior's default of 38?

Can't really say. If it's the 19cm cut, it's possible for the stacking to work quite well. You could always take off a few inches if you think here's too much stacking. Although I'm a real big fan of stacking. I actually wish they made longer inseams (I'm 6'1" and I wear a 28 or 29 depending if it's washed or dry. With a 37.5" inseam there isn't much stacking).