Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Thanks for posting the DH stores numbers, I just got a pair of the blue japanese 19cm raw shipped to me from the LA store... :) should've copped them when I had a chance in Vegas, but oh well...

Mike the difference is 3cm one way but if u measure the overall length of the waist (that'll be 72cm/2.54 = 28 and 78cm /2.54 = 30), its actualy 2' diff....... i think

yes overall, but I was just talking across like all the measurements are ;)

easiest way IMO is to compare the measurements (including possible stretching) to a pair of jeans that fits you good and then see what size you need.

Why I asked this is because I've read (here on supertalk) that the 21 cm stretches but the 19 cm stays true to size. But if this is correct it.s great..now I just have to find the blue ones too :(

they're the same jeans, just narrower so I dont see why they wouldn't stretch/shrink equally :confused:

buuuut anyways I'd say the hems shrink very little if washed and dont stretch much.

ayn, just curious, but how much did they run you from the DH store? With CA tax and everything?

well, the jeans are 295 + LA tax, not sure how much that is, and plus shipping. You can choose between Next Day for $45, 2nd Day for $35, and 3rd Day for $30... Since SF is not that far from LA and I'm not in a hurry to get them I went with the $30 3-day, I reckon it would get here Monday or Tuesday... :) So my guess is the total would be around $350, not too bad, and if they don't fit right I can exchange them... Cort at the DH store was VERY helpful and he knew his shit about denim... Sean is off today...

--Andrew

No idea, the ones I tried on in Vegas were $295 as well, I guess they were Japanese as well then... If so, I am actually getting the exact same jeans I tried on a month ago, only with like $30 extra for shipping, doh! hahaha...

I wasn't gonna get new denim til next March, but I am really not liking how my RRDS fit right now, they are way too baggy, and I'm rocking them in 29 while my APC NS are 28... The waist fits fine but the thighs and down are kindda too baggy for my liking right now... So I'm retiring them early and replacing them with the 19CM... ;)

Because it seems as though a lot of websites are selling the Italian made 19cm or 21cm for around $235. So maybe the Japanese denim is more, which would make sense...

Hey, atleast you got what you want. All this talk is making me want to go out and get some right now..

Because it seems as though a lot of websites are selling the Italian made 19cm or 21cm for around $235. So maybe the Japanese denim is more, which would make sense...

yea I think so, I might remember wrong but I think that eluxury had both at some point and the others were a bit more expensive.

yea I think so, I might remember wrong but I think that eluxury had both at some point and the others were a bit more expensive.

Yea, Browns has both right now and the regular 21/19cm raw is 125L and the Japanese is 155L. Which seems right on par with what ayn paid. (in U.S. dollars that is)

im going to nyc tomorrow

and i dont really know whether i should get a pair of diors or jpn repros.

diors don't look good on guys who don't have 29 inch waists, right?

i usually wear 34 waist denim...

I have thought the same. There are many jeans which hug the ass better than Diors without any darting.

Personally I like how the Diors fit the model at luisaviaroma. This slouchy nonsense, including how Slimane himself wears them, is a poor look IMO, especially if you're old enough to vote.

I wear all my jeans with slouch...there is a difference to what I consider a slouch. Slimane is on the extreme side of things...

i wear 33 in diors. go try them on, i think they look good. i have more ass than most of the guys who post here and they are tighter on me. after few weeks they did stretch a little and are very comfortable now. don't look at other people, go see how they fit you.

saying that for same price or even less you can pick up something great in BiG.

Damn...maybe I could pull of a 27...I just would hope it is not as baggy as the jeans Slimane is wearing. It blows being this skinny...too fucking impossible to find well fitting clothing.

I'm a huge fan of Hedi Slimane and Dior Homme and have several DH jeans and I must agree to what Fade to Black says about "how to wear DH jeans". IMO they are cut slim but should be worn like they HANG on the hips. It's not baggy but not superslim either, it's just sooo perfect... =) Look at Slimane, look at the campaign pictures below and the pictures of the asian guy Asterix posted before.

1.jpg

4EHWeb1-1.jpg

But of course everyone wears them how they want... ;)

well, the jeans are 295 + LA tax, not sure how much that is, and plus shipping. You can choose between Next Day for $45, 2nd Day for $35, and 3rd Day for $30... Since SF is not that far from LA and I'm not in a hurry to get them I went with the $30 3-day, I reckon it would get here Monday or Tuesday... :) So my guess is the total would be around $350, not too bad, and if they don't fit right I can exchange them... Cort at the DH store was VERY helpful and he knew his shit about denim... Sean is off today...

--Andrew

Wow...that is some expensive shipping!

yeah, it's a fixed price shipping, so if you order a shit load of stuff from them u still only pay those prices... :)

Guest Fade to Black

yeah Cort at the LA DH boutique is the man...very friendly.

i can't stop lookin at this picture...(stolen from DH MSN group)

DSC04695.jpg

'bleu clair' distressed jeans from the Strip collection. That's one of the most perfect washes i've ever seen on a jean, i love that color.

Can someone explain exactly what that darting is achieving? It doesn't appear to change direction of the grain of the denim too much.

it achieves Dior being able to charge $400 for shit. it óbviously does exactly nothing.

what the dart does is say THESE JEANS COST $400, I AM COOL AND KNOW A LOT ABOUT FASHION HAHAAA(which these people obviouslky dont)

it's embarrasing to see people here talk about fit when there is nothing that sets these jeans apart from others

it achieves Dior being able to charge $400 for shit. it óbviously does exactly nothing.

what the dart does is say THESE JEANS COST $400, I AM COOL AND KNOW A LOT ABOUT FASHION HAHAAA(which these people obviouslky dont)

it's embarrasing to see people here talk about fit when there is nothing that sets these jeans apart from others

Stop trolling.