Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

It's pretty easy to tell that fizzmix doesn't know what he's talking about.

What? Fizzmix was the one ASKING the question, saying that he heard that the MIJ jeans were more expensive (well, true), better quality (right again), and stretches less (a hat trick!).

It was the other guy who contradicted everything said in the entire thread.

Guest Chocodove2

^^^^

Exactly. What I meant was the other dude who answered totally contradicted everything, not you.

Now I just wish they had MIJ in my size at Saks as opposed to MII...but I have to say the fit in general is just amazing.

^^^^

Exactly. What I meant was the other dude who answered totally contradicted everything, not you.

Now I just wish they had MIJ in my size at Saks as opposed to MII...but I have to say the fit in general is just amazing.

Yeah, it was rugox, not Fizz, that said that the MIJ's stretch more.

Just out of curiousity, what size are you looking for? I might have it or be able to point you in the right direction.

Guest Chocodove2
Just out of curiousity, what size are you looking for? I might have it or be able to point you in the right direction.

28, maybe even a 27, though with recent purchases there is no way I can swing another pair right now.

if you read thru the thread, u'll know that elux is pretty infamous for inaccurate pictures, and you would have also come across a certain page in this thread that states dior came out with gray/other colored denim for the 07 season

i actually tried to find this at the dior store, and they showed me some pseudo grey denim. it was a cotton gambine(??) material and did not feel like regular denim at all. It was thinner and felt like khakis. The sizing was also a bit off and much larger than the japanese denim sites. Since I wear the smallest size they carry, I could not size down.

question on the sizing for dior - i'm a 35 waist naturally, would i size down to 34, or size up to 36? do theyhave the sort of sizing issues liek APC or similar brands? i wanna get the lowdown on the sizing cause i think im getting a pair soon.

Would anyone be able to tell me the sizing difference between an 18cm tight fit and a black 19cm raw (both size 26)? I am wondering about the difference in waist, thigh, and cuff measurements, because my 18cm tights, being 27s and originally not even a tad tight on me, have stretched out a bit and i am thinking to get either a sturdier pair of jeans, or the same in a smaller size..

Thanks for the help.

I dont mean to sound like an asshole, but why would you want a jean like dior when you seem to have a biggish size waist?

would 21 cms work for someone with a bigger body type?

no offense taken, but everyone gets the impression that everyone with bigger hips is fat - i'm 6'7" rail thin, so i wear skinny slim jeans, i just need a larger waist because i'm a bigger in terms of height person.

After all this talk of inseam, I am getting a bit worried. I am a short guy and all this inseam may be too much for me to handle. I saw a picture of me my friend took and man my diors have alooot of stacking. Im thinking of getting them hemmed but before I do such a major operation I figure I might as well consult you guys first.

I am 5'6 3/4", 125 lbs, and am wearing size 27.

edit: my waist is 28 inches on the pelvic bone where my jeans sit, my thighs are 18 inches at the widest point

Here is the picture I was talking about:

04-13-07005.jpg

Here are some picture I took of my stacking:

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

I own both indigo and black diors. Seems like the indigos stack a bit better. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble too.

I would hem them to 33-34. I am your size, more or less, 5'6, 130 lbs. I had mine hemmed to 33 inseam. Loads of honeycombs on the knees and about 2 inches worth of loose pooling on the foot. i like the way that looks.

Would anyone be able to tell me the sizing difference between an 18cm tight fit and a black 19cm raw (both size 26)? I am wondering about the difference in waist, thigh, and cuff measurements, because my 18cm tights, being 27s and originally not even a tad tight on me, have stretched out a bit and i am thinking to get either a sturdier pair of jeans, or the same in a smaller size..

Thanks for the help.

to reply to that 6'7 dude..........im about a 35 waist and i bought a 34 in the 21cms, they fit great......as for ppl with bigger waists getting diors i think it can be pulled off esp with 21's IMHO

well whats the difference between the 21 and the 19's? i want a slim cut indigo jean, and the diors are sexy as hell, so i was looking more at the 19. i heard the 21 are a little baggier in the thighs and are less tapered than the 19 in the leg. since you know what the 21's are like, please explain - pics too, ty

Jeepster- I would definitely go with a 34". They stretch very fast from what I have experienced. (The italians more than the JPs)

Aeros- The 21cm's are baggier than the 19cm for sure. If you want the slim style of Dior, go with the 19cm (JP's will be a tad smaller).

I wanted something skinnier than my New Standards but a little baggier than the 19cms so that's why I opted for the 21cms. But these 21cms are even baggier than my New Standards and I compared them to my New Standards and they aren't even tapered as much as my New Standards are. So I guess that my best bet for the fit I am looking for is either the MII 19cms or the MIJ 21cms....

I wanted something skinnier than my New Standards but a little baggier than the 19cms so that's why I opted for the 21cms. But these 21cms are even baggier than my New Standards and I compared them to my New Standards and they aren't even tapered as much as my New Standards are. So I guess that my best bet for the fit I am looking for is either the MII 19cms or the MIJ 21cms....

Aeros, what size are your new standards and 21cm ?

heh.. curious just for personal mental comparison

pretty sure new standards are a slim tapered leg and the 21cm is straight leg.

19cm is supposed to be more tapered than new standard