Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I wear APC NS in size 30, what size shall i be wearing to have skinny feeling in Dior Homme 19cm japanese? Let me know thx!

Assuming that you're a 33 waist, sz 30 in DH will work.

It's really better to say your waist size than your APC size, since some people size down 2, 3 or even four sizes with APC, since they can stretch out so much.

are you sure? :confused:

thats really odd and completely confuses me, cause from my experience, the Italian ones fit slightly looser than the japanese ones. and my japanese ones really measure 35.5in in the waist. they were probably atleast an inch less unworn, but still many inches bigger than what the tag says and my impression has been that thats the way it is with all dior jeans.

I tried a pair of made in italys in size 32 and they were too big for me, and my waist measures the mentioned 35.5 inches around.

mine are 21cm, so that might make a slight difference. I dont have an exact measurement of them in unworn condition, but considering that the top button was hard to close I'd imagine the waist to have been about 34" and then stretch out a bit over an inch.

however, if you look at for example this rakuten link: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/732406/732409/#714476

the sizing table shows the waist of a size 30 to be 86cm, which is almost 34". I've only tried on two pairs, so I dont know for a fact, but is the fitment really this inconsistent? I know the measurements that rakuten stores have might not always be 100% accurate, but thats a huge difference. according to those measurements a size 30 measures an inch more than what Grapist measured for a size larger??

Yea, they measured exactly 16" unwashed and unworn. Mine are the 19cm, so there might be some small variance between those and the 21cm. After wearing them, and pulling them down on my hips even more, they are now closer to a 34".

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of 19cm japanese denim online since I don't have a shop in the neighbourhood that sells them.

I want to go for a bit of a looser relaxt fit, so don't want it to be too tight.

Normally I have waistsize 33-34, any idea how much to size down?

I'm thinking of ordering a pair of 19cm japanese denim online since I don't have a shop in the neighbourhood that sells them.

I want to go for a bit of a looser relaxt fit, so don't want it to be too tight.

Normally I have waistsize 33-34, any idea how much to size down?

I'd agree with constant struggle. A 32 measures 17" flat, which should be a nice relaxed fit if you're between sizes.

On average how much would you say the inseam on 19cm MIJs will shrink after wash? I'm 6' 2", but I'd prefer not to have too much stacking. Everyone says not to hem, but can anyone provide an after-wash measurement?

On average how much would you say the inseam on 19cm MIJs will shrink after wash? I'm 6' 2", but I'd prefer not to have too much stacking. Everyone says not to hem, but can anyone provide an after-wash measurement?

you should not even worry about inseam if you are 6'2. I am 5'7 and they stack nicely. If you are 6'2, it probably wont even stack, or with min. stacking.

I'm 6'3" and they stack perfectly.

I'm 6'3" and they stack perfectly.

if there's any chance you could post a picture, i'd really like to see the fit.

last year i remember sitting there in a pair of second-hand, $15 ambiguous jeans i'd been wearing for over two years, trying to rationalize the $150 i had just dropped on a new pair of nudies. i told myself it was a one-off thing, just a cheap thrill, some overpriced jeans that would be good for a laugh and last me another decade. thousands of dollars later, i'm trying to conceive of the $340 diors i'm about to pick up. "it's an investment," i tell myself. "hedi's gone, last chance," that sort of thing. "only a hundred more than the last pair..."

i think i need a support group. has anyone tried writing denim off on their taxes? "work uniform?"

Here's a question that I hope hasn't been answered before - how does the sizing of Dior jeans compare to the sizing of their jeans-styled pants?

I'm asking because denim (the material) fits differently than cotton (or whatever it is the pants are made of.

Yea, they measured exactly 16" unwashed and unworn. Mine are the 19cm, so there might be some small variance between those and the 21cm. After wearing them, and pulling them down on my hips even more, they are now closer to a 34".

thats really odd.. so I wonder if its safe to say that the sizing is a bit inconsistent..cause the size 32 italian made ones must've measured 35 inches unworn, my sz 31 japanese ones measured 34 and also a lot of the sizing charts vary a lot.

if it stacks too much for your taste, just hem them for gods sake. theres no rules about it, many prefer the stacked look but if you dont, no reason not to shorten them. the shrinkage isn't major, you can soak them before wearing to make sure.

Hmm, I'm quite interested in seeing how the Dior black raw fades. Anyone got any pics, or do they barely fade at all?

after a couple of months of rotation (worn a few days a week), they have no precise fade. the color on my black ones might've faded just a little bit on some parts but hardly noticeable. I just started skating in them and wearing them as hard as I can, so I will post pics of them in couple of months and hopefully they'll have some fade.

fuck i hate asking questions like this. do any of you guys soak your dior's? my raw blues are 2 months in and a bit stretched. i've got the sudden urge for a hot soak... good idea or bad idea?

I gave mine a really mild wash after 3 months, I see no problem with this. however, you can lose some creases that have set in, so depending on how hardcore you are about your honeycombs, they might move a bit or something. I really dont mind since mine havent faded that much yet.

Does anyone have a picture of a black and an indigo side by side? I bought a pair of what I thought were indigo, but they look ALMOST like my black pair, except a bit lighter and with contrast stitching.

Does anyone have a picture of a black and an indigo side by side? I bought a pair of what I thought were indigo, but they look ALMOST like my black pair, except a bit lighter and with contrast stitching.

If the tag says Bleu foncé, it's Indigo. Also if it has orange stitching, it's indigo ...

If the tag says Bleu foncé, it's Indigo. Also if it has orange stitching, it's indigo ...

Haha I just checked the tag and it said "indigo" right on it, under a sticker. Thanks anyways.

BTW: Did you send out my pair yet?

Help me superfuture, you're my only hope...

MIJ black raw, sz. 30:

Dior30.jpg

or 31:

Dior31.jpg

Btw, at the urging of the very hostile (really very rude) dior homme sales rep I got the 31, but I would prefer everyone's more reliable advice if I'm to exchange.

Thanks!

19cm MIJ, since Oct.2005, never washed.

picture004hi4.th.jpg

picture003ik8.th.jpg

a year with little to no fading?? i have more progress on my 4 month old diors..

well, the 30 buttoned up fine from the looks of things, so you should have gotten the 30... i wouldn't recommend diors for a pair of black jeans but that's beside the point

i beg to differ, the shinny black raw denim diors have is to die for.