Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

evil evil..

I'm about to be even more evil.

I just spent the whole day suffering with the diors hanging of my butt. We'll see if they've stretched enough to get that hip hugging hang going.. and then... more pictures!!!! :D

Does anyone know of a dry cleaners in central London or alternatively a dry cleaning system that can be used that doesn't strip the silver Dior leather tag logo thing of its' silver colour? Or am I being anal? Had a previous pair dry cleaned and it stripped the silver off the tag.

Just wondering if anyone has used a dry cleaners that doesn't?

why not just wash them regularly?

How much does the diors shrink?

from what they were as new? waist or length?

Hey there

I don't wash the specially treated denim and the special washes that Dior do otherwise it just washes them out and kind of defeats the object of spending so much money on specific washes. I'm not sure that even makes sense! Hopefully you know what I mean.

I wash the dry jeans that I have of course but not the others. So if anyone does know of a good dry cleaner then please let me know.

Thanks

I'm about to be even more evil.

I just spent the whole day suffering with the diors hanging of my butt. We'll see if they've stretched enough to get that hip hugging hang going.. and then... more pictures!!!! :D

Good luck on the stretching!! Those really fit you perfect by the way and am looking forward to more of your pics. :D

Has anyone noticed the strange fit of Diors on the crotch? I tried my new 21cm's today and saw very unusual creasing at the bottom of the crotch area, sort of like a suction void. So I looked at the photos on this thread and saw that most of the pics here have it too.

And is anyone cold soaking these? Does inseam shrink any?

has anyone noticed that the raw black jeans smell of sulphur? I think it might have something to do with the way they're dyed, but I don't know if I just got a strange pair that smells like burning.

yea my raw indigo smell like that. Something normal i guess like the cheap mondays smell of vinegar.

Has anyone noticed the strange fit of Diors on the crotch? I tried my new 21cm's today and saw very unusual creasing at the bottom of the crotch area, sort of like a suction void. So I looked at the photos on this thread and saw that most of the pics here have it too.

And is anyone cold soaking these? Does inseam shrink any?

It's just stretching of the fabric, mine got that in a pretty bad way too. I hot soaked and it went away for a bit but stretched back out again. The length remained the same as far as I know (91cm) after the soak.

Guest Fade to Black
It's just stretching of the fabric, mine got that in a pretty bad way too. I hot soaked and it went away for a bit but stretched back out again. The length remained the same as far as I know (91cm) after the soak.

welcome to the wonderful world of Dior Homme denim-induced frustration. That shit had a TERRIBLE hold on my mind sophomore year of college when i started buyin em. Ah, good memories with those Luster black whiskered jeans...

i just came to deal with it and accept the fact they're gonna stretch and sag if worn for over a week...eh.

welcome to the wonderful world of Dior Homme denim-induced frustration. That shit had a TERRIBLE hold on my mind sophomore year of college when i started buyin em. Ah, good memories with those Luster black whiskered jeans...

i just came to deal with it and accept the fact they're gonna stretch and sag if worn for over a week...eh.

truly.

the 2 pairs i got from strip are now too big and i barely wear them. i find the japanese denim stretch less though.

Guest Fade to Black
truly.

the 2 pairs i got from strip are now too big and i barely wear them. i find the japanese denim stretch less though.

i'd kill for some Strip jeans...that collection had some nice ones. I'd take the bleu clair even in a 48, they might be a lil lower but what the hell if i had the cash and could find some.

if im buyin any new DH jeans they'll be in a 30, but i'll take up to 32 for the older classics that are impossible to come by now.

i'd kill for some Strip jeans...that collection had some nice ones. I'd take the bleu clair even in a 48, they might be a lil lower but what the hell if i had the cash and could find some.

if im buyin any new DH jeans they'll be in a 30, but i'll take up to 32 for the older classics that are impossible to come by now.

i *think* i have the bleu clair - greenish with greyish non-shiny wax right? haven't worn those in ages. mine's a 28 though.

what i regret daily, however, is that i also had the chance to buy the strip destroyed jeans but back then i thought they were 'too rockstar' (what i said to the salesperson).

Fresh out of the box Italian 19's in black... I sized down to 28 (natural waist 32.5") and buttoning all 4 fly buttons was fairly easy, the latch required a heave... not really pleased with the hem on these, I could go down to a 16cm hem easily. The extra 1cm on these over my selvage Bruts is definitely noticeable, will need to wear low-tops as I train the bunching on these.

MyPicture-2.jpg

MyPicture.jpg

edit- forgot to mention I scoped out more Dior denim today, anyone else seen the weird bootcut models? There's an older season bootcut model with plastic suspender buttons, and then there's the newer version without the buttons but with a weird double-yoke that wraps around over the front pockets. Both raw indigo.

I really wish thta black dust wash didn't come with the pre-distressed honeycombs, they line up around halfway down the back of my calves and look stupid, but the wash is amazing...

that's kindda a weird fit, maybe it's Italian vs Japanese 19cm? is there such a thing as raw black jap 19cm's?

Yeah, my blacks are Italian... I'm a bit conflicted too as to what I'll do with these, as I have to keep them and the waist/thigh fit nicely enough... I am thinking I may have to take a leap of faith and have them tailored a bit...

I went and measured these up for reference and figured out that the measurements are a bit strange too;

model number:6HH1011429 485 N001

Sz. 28

waist across: 38cm

watari: 26cm

knee: 19cm

hem: 18cm

inseam: 94cm

I lined these and my selvage up and noted that the Italians are about 4-5cm longer in inseam, but 1-cm narrower through the thigh, so I can definitely afford to lop off at least 3inches of inseam...

My worry is that hemming higher up on the taper will widen the hem even more, up to about 19cm. 19cm hems are going to be huge on me, they'll look like 21"s do on normal people. As I said before, I could probably fit my feet through a 16cm hem or even 15cm (!!!!!).

To re-taper, or not to re-taper?!?!?

If I get the inseam taper, will they fell the inseam correctly or passably enough, and do I taper only from the knee or do I have them redo the entire inseam? The thighs fit as I want them too, the business below the knee is bothering me though....

will an outseam taper make them look strange?

shit....

that's kindda a weird fit, maybe it's Italian vs Japanese 19cm? is there such a thing as raw black jap 19cm's?

Yeah, I posted pics of me wearing them a few pages back. Here are more pics.

dior_japan_01.jpg

dior_japan_02.jpg

Guest Fade to Black
Nah...he just has them pulled up too high.

it's just the way the model was styled in that pic...i would NOT go by Diabro/Luisa Via Roma/whatever online retailer's pics of the fit...usually they're not on point and nothing like reality. Also maybe it's the photographies but i find usually the models in these pics got bodies of fucked up proportions.

Guest Fade to Black

edit- forgot to mention I scoped out more Dior denim today, anyone else seen the weird bootcut models? There's an older season bootcut model with plastic suspender buttons, and then there's the newer version without the buttons but with a weird double-yoke that wraps around over the front pockets. Both raw indigo.

I really wish thta black dust wash didn't come with the pre-distressed honeycombs, they line up around halfway down the back of my calves and look stupid, but the wash is amazing...

? you sure those were the dust wash jeans? The dust wash don't have honeycombs...i think you're referring to the black whiskered model that's carried over every season. The honeycombin on DH Japanese jeans is weird though...

bootcut seems pretty subtle i tried several models on and it's not a noticeable flare. the shape is actually quite nice...of all the bootcut models i like the black cotton gabardine feeling denim jeans the best with the baked in creases (but no whiskering). if you want pics i believe Hedi wore them at the end of the F/W 06-07 show.