Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

@work: what is your actual waist size?

Although my waist is a 31, I buy everything in a 32 for a loose look, minus a handful of items. So technically speaking I stayed true to size.

Intermission - I picked up 2 out of my 3 pairs in there shop on 57th. It should run you 319 in total with tax and all.

Hmmmm.... I thought some posters on supertalk needed to pull their pants up, but nevermind about that. slimane takes the "falling off the ass look" to a whole different level! Its like southern rappers with super slim jeans instead of size 42 waist evisus. Maybe thats how diors are meant to look if the actual designer wears em' like that??? Can't say I'm a fan of this particular way of wearing jeans.

ok. i want to buy the dior 19cm/jap/raw-indigo/sz30

Anyone know where I can get these in the states, in size 30? I've tried online, luisvia/

brown/and elux......... ahhhhh im going nuts.

I'm going to the Dior store in Beverly this weekend to pick up my black 19cm in 30 also. If you want, I can pick one up for u.

yea im really not a fan of the 21cm when i tried them on they just felt so ordinary on me,although 1 or 2 people on here make them look really good.im hoping somwhere in london has some black jp raw 19s cant see any on browns.guess failing that i try and get from paris when i go later,19cm deffinatly 1 best pair jeans i ever had

I feel the saame way, I won't fuck around with the 21cm's because the way they pool over my feet, they look like regular jeans on me, just with a huge inseam.

My local DH store has never had black raws, and they told me they weren't coming out for F/W06, but I dunno whether to believe them since they get such limited stock anyway, usually 1 or 2 sizes for each piece. That wool drap sport jacket is about $2000 here and they got one in 44 and one in 46, and I don't imagine they'll sell them instantly at those prices either.

However, those desperately searching for these things, why not try Rakuten, through a buying service? The raws in blue and black show up for 30,000Y all the time, and various washes come in at good prices too. Those Gris grey ones from S/S06 I liked and found on Rakuten for 30,000Y too. The exchange rates are really good right now so you should take advantage of them. For some of these sold out sizes and colors, this is as good as you're gonna get:

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=2&v=3&s=6&g=0&oid=000&c=26&sitem=%A5%C7%A5%A3%A5%AA%A1%BC%A5%EB%A5%AA%A5%E0&f=A&nitem=&sf=1&min=&max=&e=1

I think the part that I want to reverberate is that these jeans usually do suit most people, but you can't expect to look like you stepped off the runway in these things if you're 5'9" like me. You just have them wear them in your own style. I have always felt that the DH style is not necessarily the shrink-wrapped look, it's the bunching and stacking that is the DH jean look. You can walk down the street and see the bunching and know instantly they're DH jeans, no one else really makes the boxier top/huge inseam this way.

I also agree with Fade to Black in that these are definitely a loose-slim jean. Skinny legs without the pickle stashing.

i'd love to get myself a pair of these Diors, but i still cant work out whether 19 or 21cm will be best for me

i'd like to wear them like loose-slim jeans, but not that looooose and maybe have them sit low on my hips

i am wearing JR cali no wash (29) and the APC new cures (27) both seem to fit pretty well so if anyone can let me know wat sz or cut (19 or 21) would give me the same sorta fit to the JR/APCs, i'd greatly appreciate!

cheers

Apu

^at 28-29" waist sizes the hem should be between 17-18cm. 19cm is right at a 30 waist I think.... even the hem stretches on these things after awhile, since you're constantly putting your foot through them. Putting on a 37" inseam of raw denim for the first few days is interesting, especially after years of wearing 30-32" inseams....

apu,

look at this:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/705716/708671/#714476

lists the hems for 27's at 18cm, and then 28-30 at 19cm.

edit- those might be 21cm models, actually. If you look down the page some of the 19cm models like the silver jeans list at 16 and 17cm. Unless you have gargantuan feet 16cm hems are doable, I wouldn' worry too much about that....

^at 28-29" waist sizes the hem should be between 17-18cm. 19cm is right at a 30 waist I think.... even the hem stretches on these things after awhile, since you're constantly putting your foot through them. Putting on a 37" inseam of raw denim for the first few days is interesting, especially after years of wearing 30-32" inseams....

i guess i didnt follow, is it because the 21cm is too big for someone that thin and it ends up looking bootcut or something?

haha, yeah honestly I don't really follow anymore either. The metric-inches conversion thing is a total mindfuck for me, I have to do it all day everyday and I can't keep track of shit anymore.

i guess i'll just have to wait till i go overseas to try them on myself

since theres only one stockist in Australia which will take me 12 hrs to drive there or spend extra $$$ for the air ticket, and whats worst is that they only have the italian denim

that just sucks~

Seenmy, what size do u usually wear?

well i always thought i as around a 33-32 and thats wht id ben wearing for years,but im finding now i pulled my jeans up a bit that im probably a 31-32,i sized up on the diors partly due to them being a bargain at the time,i like the loose fit i get with it but after 3 monts solid wear i think im ready for a slightly smaller size,i probably go to 32 as i really like the extra long inseam being 6'4 and real skinny when it gets to like a 35 or 36 inseam on me its not really that much of a extreme cut.

Thanks for the info Mike, it was just what I needed to make a purchase. The two pics you posted; Is it safe to say the first pic is right when you got them and the second being a little later? It looks as though they look bigger in the second pic....could be my eyes playing tricks on me though. :)

first pic was taken after around 4 weeks, second one after 5 so pretty close to each other. I might have hemmed them in between, cant remember for sure. if you see any difference in the fit its probably because of the camera angle etc though.

apu dismalfuture, to figure out which model they are check the measurements for a size 30-31, on those sizes the hem measurement should run pretty close to the equivalent model. on a sz31 21cm model the hem should be 20.5cm, and for a 19cm model roughly 19cm.

so these: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/705716/708671/#714476

are pretty surely 19's because the sz 30 is just 19cm in the hem. the washed ones above are 21's.

and on these: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/705716/708671/#714476

the hem on sz31 is 19.5cm so those should be the 19's too.

apu,

look at this:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/atseis/654408/705716/708671/#714476

lists the hems for 27's at 18cm, and then 28-30 at 19cm.

edit- those might be 21cm models, actually. If you look down the page some of the 19cm models like the silver jeans list at 16 and 17cm. Unless you have gargantuan feet 16cm hems are doable, I wouldn' worry too much about that....

mmm maybe the reason why u dont see the 27's at 16/17cm is because they are raw and have not shrunk yet? even if its sanforized, its will probably going to shrink 1cm??i dont know...

I never understood why people say it is to make it more fitted. I have never seen a pair of Diors that are worn with a fitted ass...

I have thought the same. There are many jeans which hug the ass better than Diors without any darting.

Personally I like how the Diors fit the model at luisaviaroma. This slouchy nonsense, including how Slimane himself wears them, is a poor look IMO, especially if you're old enough to vote.

I'm interested in these:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/SchedaProd.aspx?Outlet=False&CodStagione=44I&CodCollezione=06V&CodArticolo=119

..but I'm not sure if the waist will stretch or not. I know that the 21 cm stretches after some wear but what about the 19 cm japanese raw denim?

I also got these measures from the store:

Size 29

Waist: 36 cm

Above knee: 20,5 cm

Knee: 19 cm

Below knee: 18 cm

Hem: 17,5 cm

Size 30

Waist: 39 cm

Above knee: 21,5 cm

Knee: 19,5 cm

Below knee: 18,5 cm

Hem: 18 cm

mike thanks for dropping the knowledge on the different fits

Boss Kitty i would think the 19cm raw would strectch out too, and since they are tighter, i'd imagine them to stretch out more

as with the measuremnt u got from luisviaroma, are they for the 19cms?

and pity they only have the 19cm in black, which are nice but i still like the dark blue jeans better since its easier to match

also, the waist size differs like 2 inches between the 29' and 30' u've listed

it seems damn hard to get a pair with the perfect fit without trying them on

as with the measuremnt u got from luisviaroma, are they for the 19cms?

and pity they only have the 19cm in black, which are nice but i still like the dark blue jeans better since its easier to match

also, the waist size differs like 2 inches between the 29' and 30' u've listed

it seems damn hard to get a pair with the perfect fit without trying them on

those are definately for the 19's.

the waist difference is 3cm which is just above 1in (1 inch = roughly 2.5cm)

This is for the 19 cm jeans and I also wanted the blue ones..too bad they're gone.

I had a 21 cm before and they strechted 2-3 sizes, that's why I wonder about the 19 cm.

A pair of 29 would then fit like a 31? That would be the perfect size for me.

its impossible to say that "29 fits like a 31", one size can vary many inches depending on the brand, model, fit etc.

according to the measurements a 29 measures 36cm across. unwashed jeans pretty much always stretch, my Diors stretched about 3-4cm measured across, I cant say for sure but around something like that.

so based on that the sz 29 would measure 39-40cm after some wear. take a pair of good fitting jeans and measure them, then compare and you should know whether they'd be good.

I have thought the same. There are many jeans which hug the ass better than Diors without any darting.

Personally I like how the Diors fit the model at luisaviaroma. This slouchy nonsense, including how Slimane himself wears them, is a poor look IMO, especially if you're old enough to vote.

hey, some like tight male ass, some dont. if you want everybody to know which leg you keep your package in then by all means, I however dont like to show it and wouldn't like to know either.

its all a matter of taste, to me that nut hugging fit looks disgusting.

Mike the difference is 3cm one way but if u measure the overall length of the waist (that'll be 72cm/2.54 = 28 and 78cm /2.54 = 30), its actualy 2' diff....... i think

if thats the case, i'll be looking for a pair of 29' 19cm made in Jp ones in dark blue

let me know if anyone can hook me up for a reasonable price!

those are definately for the 19's.

the waist difference is 3cm which is just above 1in (1 inch = roughly 2.5cm)

its impossible to say that "29 fits like a 31", one size can vary many inches depending on the brand, model, fit etc.

according to the measurements a 29 measures 36cm across. unwashed jeans pretty much always stretch, my Diors stretched about 3-4cm measured across, I cant say for sure but around something like that.

so based on that the sz 29 would measure 39-40cm after some wear. take a pair of good fitting jeans and measure them, then compare and you should know whether they'd be good.

Why I asked this is because I've read (here on supertalk) that the 21 cm stretches but the 19 cm stays true to size. But if this is correct it.s great..now I just have to find the blue ones too :(