Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

hi you should be able to order them from your countries dior homme boutique or directly from france! At least that's how it works in Germany

They don't get sizes that small here...well they do...they just run out superfast.

I think I am finally going to spring for the 21cm when I go to NY. I have a few questions though....I have heard these stretch quite a bit, should I get a size similar to a NS size? Also, what are most people paying for these (black and also raw)?

Seenmy - Mine are 19cm. I made the same mistake when I picked up a pair of 21cm from eluxury. I bought a 32 and they fit baggy as hell. Now up for sale and i'll definatly size down for the 21cm.

yea im really not a fan of the 21cm when i tried them on they just felt so ordinary on me,although 1 or 2 people on here make them look really good.im hoping somwhere in london has some black jp raw 19s cant see any on browns.guess failing that i try and get from paris when i go later,19cm deffinatly 1 best pair jeans i ever had

LVC you meant luisaviaroma.com? if so, so freakin expensive there, and they dont have the sizes I want... I'm 28 with APC NS so I'm thinking about going with 28 with 19cm... Should've copped them when I tried them on in Vegas... I wasn't sure if they were made in Japan or Italy though...

Wait, I though ur supposed to size 1 size for Dior... I was gonna pick up the 19 cm in sz 30 this weekend as I am a 29 APC NS, and 31 in everything else. But now hearing people going w/ their APC size, I don't know...

Last weekend I tried on sz 30 and it was pretty tight, I couldn't button up the last button. But I don't know how much they're gonna stretch so...

heres some pics of mine after i gave them their first soak and wore till dry about 2 months ago,they softened up a bit now,i think they be up in supermarket pretty soon if anyone wants some 34s as im gonna go down a few sizes in these.

Seenmy, what size do u usually wear?

hmm ok heres some information that people might look for and some questions that I've been asked..

Sizing / fitment

like on raw denim usually, you can size down a bit on Diors. the 21cm's fit pretty closely to APC New Standards on the waist. I wear a sz 32 in most washed jeans and 31 in the Diors. the 31's measure 46cm across after a while of wearing.

difference between japanese and italian made Diors

atleast in the 21cm model theres a significant difference in the fitment between the italian and japanese model. the jap's fit skinnier overall, the hem / leg opening on a sz 31 is 20.5cm measured across, whereas on the italian ones its atleast 21.5.

Quality

the quality on the jeans seems very good to me, nothing that I could complain about. the unwashed denim of course bleeds color a bit, but for example my light beige couch has surprisingly little indigo on it.

and some pics, Japanese 21cm W31 after about 6 weeks of wear

d_6weeks.jpg

pics of the fitment:

today_sept04.jpg

today_sept17.jpg

Lots of pics from TragicBliss

size examples:

model: raw 21cm

made in: japan

tag size: 31

waist across: 46cm (worn in/stretched)

hem: 20.5cm

model: Raw 21cm bought from LVR (product code PIH1015565 473 B602)

made in: Japan

tag size: 29

waist width measured across: 40cm

hem width: 19cm

model: 19cm Selvage model

made in: Japan

tag size: 29

waist: 41cm (worn in/stretched)

watari: 27cm

knee: 20cm

hem: 17-17.5cm

can anyone who owns a pair be kinda enough to take a good/decent picture of the back inside out.. if u get what i mean (pull the jeans inside out and take a picture of the back)

im interested in how the "darts" are constructed

dsc9743ic2.th.jpg

As you can see, the actual rear of the jeans are also darted--not just the material that makes up the pockets. When you stick your hand inside the rear pockets, you can feel both the crease in the pocket dart and the crease from the "ass" dart.

Thanks for the info Mike, it was just what I needed to make a purchase. The two pics you posted; Is it safe to say the first pic is right when you got them and the second being a little later? It looks as though they look bigger in the second pic....could be my eyes playing tricks on me though. :)

After going from 501s to NS's, I can't seem to like other regular fit jeans....so these should be perfect!!

Can someone explain exactly what that darting is achieving? It doesn't appear to change direction of the grain of the denim too much.

Its just a design and to make the portion of the jeans slimmer and tight fitting.

Dior also has darts at the rear shoulder area of their polo t.

darting is a sewing technique that splits or folds fabric in three places...and makes something that looks like > look like ---

In the case of these jeans, its making the ass area more rounded and slightly tighter..more fitted to your ass if you will...its kindof forcing the jeans to uh...cup..your buttcheeks

more info: http://www.sewing.org/enthusiast/html/el_darts.html

I never understood why people say it is to make it more fitted. I have never seen a pair of Diors that are worn with a fitted ass...also to whoever said they weren't anti-fit? All the pictures I have seen they are slung low on the hips and have slouch in the ass. Here is a prime example:

diormodelst.jpg

I never understood why people say it is to make it more fitted. I have never seen a pair of Diors that are worn with a fitted ass...also to whoever said they weren't anti-fit? All the pictures I have seen they are slung low on the hips and have slouch in the ass. Here is a prime example:

I think the purpose with all "slim" denim is to be slim, but everyone has a different build. That guy pictured, well, he really has no ass, so I think it would be rather hard to be fitted on someone with such a body structure. I like the look of a little sag though, that's how I wear most of my jeans because they end up feeling the most comfortable on the hips. Anti-fit, loose, slim, tight, I think it's all in the wearer.

diormodelst.jpg

the way they hang has very little to do with the darts and more to do with the cut of the rise...an anti-fitted rise is more or less straight...where as a fitted rise would have a noticeable curling..."Anti-fit" was originally a term popularized by Levis...they used it to descibe their jeans which were jeans cut like overalls, without the bib part...straight rise..it was a way to differenitiate their product, geared towards the youth..from the brands of jeans worn by their elders..I think diors have a reasonably straight rise..but i could be wrong

but yeah...the darted side basically just eliminates extra fabric..that might bunch out without one..nothing major...

Guest Fade to Black

alright maybe i used the term 'anti-fit' wrong...but IMHO Diors definitely weren't meant to be worn as fitted as some pics i've seen on here of APCs...the pic Asterix posted pretty much got it right. While they're slim jeans they're not ball crushingly tight, more of a slouchy jean i think is the right term. I think they look best on skinny legs where the effect is, i think best described as a "baggy tight jean" if that makes any sense.

these pics of hedi slimane at his misshapes gig are a pretty good example of how i like them to look:

07-23-05_img_256.jpg

07-23-05_img_258.jpg