Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

hmmmmmm.....

i miss a DIOR HOMME DENIM thread here.

here we go!

post your stuff and tips or questions abut shape, 19cm / 21cm, denim fading or or or....HERE.

... here's an excellent Dior Homme FAQ / size guide written by TheGrapist.

Which jeans are the raw jeans? The Nostalgy or the Brut?

They're both raw, Brut is french for raw or dry or who cares. LVR named the MIJ one, and the MII another name. Don't know why.

Ok, then which one is the MIJ one?

The more expensive of the two.

What does MII and MIJ mean?

Made in Italy and Made in Japan respectively. MIJ ones are better. They're slimmer and they stretch less. If you need to know why else MIJ is better than MII, I'd urge you took look around SuperTalk some more before considering buying $300+ jeans.

Do Dior Homme jeans come in (insert inseam under 37" here)?

No. All raws are 37 to 38" in inseam. Most people let them bunch or stack around the ankles, especially with the 19cm model. If you want them shorter, by all means hem them. Dior Homme cords, "soft jeans" (ie: Beige jeans, grey jeans, all of the jeans using a softer cotton), etc, have inseams from 37" to 40" (the larger the waist, the closer to 40". Again, you can hem them. It isn't illegal).

What does 19cm and 21cm mean?

They refer to the measurement of the hem of the jeans when laid flat, at a certain size (more on that later). The 19cm jean is the tapered model, and the 21cm jean is more of a straight leg. There is also a 17cm model, but I've never seen them in the US.

How does the sizing work?

The waist when laid flat measures half the tag size plus one. Meaning a 28 is 15" (28/2 + 1). A 30 measures 16", a 31 is 16.5", and so on.

The jeans will stretch about an inch. (The official advice from Dior Homme (the NYC store/ US Flagship at least) is to get the jeans that are tight in the waist when you try them on.)

Also keep in mind that these jeans have a low rise. If your TRUE waist is a 30, (and I mean waist, not at or just above your hips, where you will wear the jeans), and the are at or right above the hips are like 34", don't be surprised that when you buy a 27 or a 28 and they're way too tight.

Finally, the hem measurements. For Raw MIJ, the hems work like this:

19cm: A size 32 measures 19cm. a 31 measures 18.5cm, a 30 is 18cm, a 33 is 19.5cm. You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

For a MIJ 21cm, add 2cm to the measurement for the MIJ 19cm raw.

For MIJ washed, subtract 1cm from the raw size in the cut you're after.

For MII jeans, add 1cm to the size for the equivalent MIJ size/style/cut.

Also, one more:

What sizes are DH jeans/pants available in?

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, and I've seen a 38 once.

Yes, I just said that they make 26's. But they do not sell them in the US. Or in most of Europe. Or anywhere outside of Japan.

my last purchase.

DIOR 19cm BLACK UNWASHED DENIM.

made in japan.

i'm interessted how strong they will fade.

time will tell.

1tu4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2vn4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3qk6.jpg

3bqt2.jpg

4nf8.jpg

5vx9.jpg

6vu0.jpg

8rm8.jpg

9he3.jpg

10qo7.jpg

I have a question to add. Has anybody bought a pair in a 34 waist? I bought a pair in 34 and they measure more like 36 and are too big. They are Italian. The inseam on them is a whopping 40 inches. I plan to get them altered, as they are far too loose and the hook closure comes undone.

i got a size 34 in the 19 cms which are well quite big on me i sized up to get a looser fit foolishly i ben wearing solid for about 3 months vey little wear has shown up nice creasing,i think i may well sell them once my skulls arrive and get a smaller size

i got a size 34 in the 19 cms which are well quite big on me i sized up to get a looser fit foolishly i ben wearing solid for about 3 months vey little wear has shown up nice creasing,i think i may well sell them once my skulls arrive and get a smaller size

What do you measure at the waist?

Guest Fade to Black
I thought the Japanese Diors were tagged with Euro sizes (ie 30 = 46). Mine are.

Dior jeans were tagged with Euro sizes during the first collection with denim (S/S 03), thus there were no odd numbered sizes. From Luster onwards they used the American system.

^ How tight/loose do you wear your New Standards? You should probably be ok... These Diors stretch a bit too, though not as much as APC's...

My Diors when newer once fit like sxXxe's but have stretched out considerably, everywhere. Quite disappointing and it's obvious the thinner/lighter weight of the denim causes the big knee bagging. I would get another pair in a smaller waist, but I'm afraid that the tighter I go, they'd stretch out even more and look even more like shit.

Guest Fade to Black

My Diors when newer once fit like sxXxe's but have stretched out considerably, everywhere. Quite disappointing and it's obvious the thinner/lighter weight of the denim causes the big knee bagging. I would get another pair in a smaller waist, but I'm afraid that the tighter I go, they'd stretch out even more and look even more like shit.

yeah that's probably true...my 19 cm dust wash jeans fit slim as shit when i first got 'em, i'm talkin Chris slim...now they've stretched out quite a bit in the waist, i should probably wash them soon it's becoming anti-fit in the legs too. Which is weird because these aren't broken twill like the orange dyes...on top of that this is the smallest size i've ever gone which is a 30, even before i wear 31, 32 in the 21 cm comfortably, if a bit lower. I guess Dior jeans weren't meant to fit right forever.

can anyone who owns a pair be kinda enough to take a good/decent picture of the back inside out.. if u get what i mean (pull the jeans inside out and take a picture of the back)

im interested in how the "darts" are constructed

darn dior really designed the fit really well.... ive never seen anti fit on diors...yet...

And let's hope we don't either! The great thing about Dior jeans is you can wear them loose or fitted (I prefer mine fitted) but there's no right or wrong way. If you look on the catwalk they are worn fitted but wear them how you like them.

But I hope they never make an anti fit - Diors should be worn as though they fit whether a bit loose or not.

Just my honest opinion.

There's loads of baggy, bum around the thighs jeans and the darts on the rear of Diors are made to do just that - sit on the rear to give it shape...

I am planning on buying a pair of raw 21s in the next couple of weeks. Already have black 21, raw 19, dust wash 21, silver selvedge 19 and destroyed 19

T