Oni Reds--lots of pics!

Panda-san

First, thanks to Blue in Green for the great customer service. The jeans shipped the day I bought them and arrived promptly.

I went ahead and sized down. The tag measurement is 36x34, but they measure 39x37 pre-wash. My waist measures 41, but these fit pretty comfortably as-is, and I'm thinking the waist is still going to stretch some. However, I won't be washing these for a long while, for fear of shrinking the waist.

The quality is outstanding. The texture is very slubby, and the color is great. They fit great in the seat and legs.

Buuuuuuuuut... I'm not sure if I'm happy with the length. As I mentioned, they're a 37 leg. I gave them a 3 inch cuff all the way around for these pics. I'm considering having them hemmed to a 34, and then cuffing them 2 inches. I want them to bunch, but not look ridiculous.

Opinions on the fit? Brutal honesty is encouraged, I don't want to look stupid in these.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

V More pics V

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

If I were to get these hemmed, are there any precautions I need to take? I've been searching for info about hemming selvege jeans, but I haven't really found what I'm looking for. If I just take these to a local tailor, and have them cut and hemmed, will it "mess up" the selvege line or anything? I'm sure that sounds like the biggest noob question ever, but please bear with me. Also, they're chainstitched, so I'd like to find a tailor in Houston that can chainstich, but if necessary I'm prepared to send them back to BiG for this service, or just get them hemmed with a regular stitch.

Thanks for looking!

they look like they are one-wash, can anyone confirm? if so, i wouldn't be too concerned about massive shrinkage. congrats though, the cut looks pretty good on you imo, and the denim looks fucking awesome. i personally kinda like the look of a big cuff with baggy jeans, but i'm sure it would look good if you got them hemmed too.

those jeans are sick.

nice pics, glad you have a camera

welcome to the future!

thank you for shopping at BiG!

i assume that shirt is tucked for the purpose of showing pics

that being said

the jeans are flattering

i like the big cuffs

good buy panda-san!

Heh, that's just my undershirt, I don't walk around like that. Polo or nice tee over it, un-tucked.

Great feedback so far. And yes, they're raw.

panda-san, whatever you do, don't have a local tailor do your hemming! send them back to BiG, cuz they will do it on a real vintage union special machine. i wouldn't take off too much, maybe an inch or inch and a half. eventually, you will want to wash them and they will shorten up quite a bit. also, since they are new, there isn't too much bunching going on which will also shorten them up.

panda-san, whatever you do, don't have a local tailor do your hemming! send them back to BiG, cuz they will do it on a real vintage union special machine. i wouldn't take off too much, maybe an inch or inch and a half. eventually, you will want to wash them and they will shorten up quite a bit. also, since they are new, there isn't too much bunching going on which will also shorten them up.

they do free chainstitching for stuff bought in the store right? i bought a pair of blacks there and did a regular stitch, would wanna get a chainstitch insted..should i send it back for that?

aren't those going to shrink a lot on the waist if they're raw?

Only sanforized denim significantly stretches out on the waist (I think?)

would be so annoying if you were to put in months of effort and then when you finally wash, they wont fit you on the waist.

I read you can get most of the Warehouse models in 40 waist, so maybe that is an option(?)

aren't those going to shrink a lot on the waist if they're raw?

Only sanforized denim significantly stretches out on the waist (I think?)

would be so annoying if you were to put in months of effort and then when you finally wash, they wont fit you on the waist.

I read you can get most of the Warehouse models in 40 waist, so maybe that is an option(?)

Everything is going to stretch (sanforized or un), but you're right... these are likely going to shrink down to that tagged size (or somewhere close to it) if they ever touch water. I guess you could just dry clean forever and avoid rain.

And yeah, I'd get them hemmed (I'm not a big fan of cuffs, even small).

I am going to get them hemmed. I talked to BiG before I purchased them, and they said If I wanted to I could just send them back and they'd hem them for free, so that seems to be my best option. I just have to pay for shipping.

$20 to have someone mess them up in town, or $20 to send them to BiG and have it done right.

Thanks for the input, everybody.

Everything is going to stretch (sanforized or un), but you're right... these are likely going to shrink down to that tagged size (or somewhere close to it) if they ever touch water. I guess you could just dry clean forever and avoid rain.

And yeah, I'd get them hemmed (I'm not a big fan of cuffs, even small).

like if he's caught in a rainstorm, the jeans will become so tight he'll just bust out of them like the incredible hulk!?

panda-san, we suggest you do the soak in the tub whilst wearing the devils so that the jeans don't shrink smaller than your person and to avoid the aforementioned HULK scenario.

I know a lot of people do this, but I'm gonna ask anyway. What do you really gain from wearing them while soaking? Its not gonna prevent them from shrinking when you wash, so you're gonna get screwed regardless... right? I guess you could always hand wash them while you're wearing them :P

Oni rule. If you wear them during a warm water soak in tub for about thirty minutes and then wear them until they are dry they will fit you perfect. I did this with my Onis. Don't worry if they are a little bit too snug, the waist will eventually loosen up--unless you like wearing them below your ass.

By wearing them in the tub you can shrink up the length and any other areas that are too big, but without running the risk of shrinking beyond the point where you can fit them.

Yes, they could still possibly shrink more if you hard washed them at a latter date....but thats why we have coldwater handwashes with woolite dark