superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

I'll take a full pic of my room when i've cleaned it but for now , here's my reading corner. It's a comfy chair under a skylight for that natural light and a glass table because lets face it , if your table isn't glass then it isn't fashionable lol.

mgnDKwL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone recoomind where I can find some good photo prints online?

I've had good luck emailing my favorite photographers.

Does anyone have good examples for living in a small rooms or spots I could find inspiration? I'm in school and pretty much just have my room to control and my room is super small.  I've pretty much just got furniture that I got for free in there and my mattress on my floor because I don't want to spend a bunch of money until I have an idea of what I want to do.  I've looked around a bit on apartment therapy so any other good sites or photos would be sweet.  I'm trying to find good stuff on living in small spaces as well because I have a lot of things and not a lot of space.

Clipboard is sort of cool for small prints, but reminds me of visiting manufacturing plants for work. Ideally I want something that doesn't add a border and lets the art sit alone, hence no frame.

I was at Giant Robot 2 the other day and they hang everything with regular stationary-use binder clips hanging on thumb tacks. I kind of like the ghetto-minimal approach, but over time the prints will rip, which is why I considered sleeves.

I've had success getting some of my stuff shrink-wrapped, where they put it against foam core and heat-shrink around the print. It's usually meant for storing posters, but imo it looks good enough to put on the wall, and typically costs $10-12 at a framing store. Here's one of my pieces I've put up this way

otQzK6g.jpg

Throw one of these guys on the back and you're set:

QFGE0gh.jpg

Clipboard is sort of cool for small prints, but reminds me of visiting manufacturing plants for work. Ideally I want something that doesn't add a border and lets the art sit alone, hence no frame.

I was at Giant Robot 2 the other day and they hang everything with regular stationary-use binder clips hanging on thumb tacks. I kind of like the ghetto-minimal approach, but over time the prints will rip, which is why I considered sleeves.

What about pinning them up ?

If I wanted to avoid ripping/creasing my stuff, I probably wouldn't want to put holes in it, either.

I've had success getting some of my stuff shrink-wrapped, where they put it against foam core and heat-shrink around the print. It's usually meant for storing posters, but imo it looks good enough to put on the wall, and typically costs $10-12 at a framing store. Here's one of my pieces I've put up this way

otQzK6g.jpg

Sorry! Meant to +rep.

That's exactly the type of solution I was thinking. Can you choose how glossy/matte the wrap is? Are there any folds on the edges from the plastic wrapping around?

I found large toploaders for posters and such but most of the ones I saw had very visible edges and didn't offer some of the dimensions I need.

I doubt you'll find anywhere with options for gloss/matte; I don't even know if that's possible. Like I mentioned, it's typically for storage. They cut the foam core to the size of the print, line them up, and shrink-wrap the whole thing. Since the foam core is cut to size, the print stays completely flat and isn't creased/folded, even at the corners. I like to do it bc it looks good and is cheap, you really just end up paying for the cost of the foam core. Any framing store will do it for you.