superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

Got a new place a while ago; it's been forever since I've been on these forums. No good pics to share but it's coming along. Still need the gf to come over and help with the paint job though.

Only complaint I have is that my appliances suck and they don't seem that willing to let me get my own. I'll probably only stay in this place another year or two though since I do want to upgrade to a home soon--been an apartment guy since my second year of college.

Where do you guys buy your furniture? Besides IKEA....

B&B Italia

More seriously lots of Americans like the moderately priced CB2 (http://www.cb2.com/), keep in mind I have never handled the stuff but heard good things. Not as common as Ikea and mining that modernist and contemporary furniture market.

Edited by Fuuma

• 4 weeks later...

saw this the other day and immediately thought "superfuture"

patric öhlund are you on sufu?????

http://mingissiyeva.com/2012/10/05/the-closet-patric-ohlund/

http://lovelylife.se/articles/2012/11/13/hemma-hos-patric-%C3%B6hlund

that is a godly bookshelf wow

pretty oppressive color-wise

why are the books displayed like that like it's a bookstore...?

i think the best semifamous-person apt i've seen is edward leida -

12_18_09_EdwardLeidaED12296.jpg

so much amazing furniture... and this is like a $20000 credenza...

Edited by Denton

Why do all these people feel the need to have a bunch of 'iconic' shit laying around their apartment in places where it's clearly just for display?

hmmm ahh yes this?just a balmain hang tag thats mounted on the ear of my ceramic pitbull head

People have to stop putting everything on display and making their apt look like retail spaces. Can't stand that bullshit and it kills me seeing someone display a Stig Dagerman book like a trophy, especially beside a bunch of wanker cultural products. I bet he has never read any Dagerman. Your apt should stay away from interior desecrators and design mags or it'll look like a perfect, absolutely shitty environment.

Edited by Fuuma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do all these people feel the need to have a bunch of 'iconic' shit laying around their apartment in places where it's clearly just for display?

hmmm ahh yes this?just a balmain hang tag thats mounted on the ear of my ceramic pitbull head

Seriously.. It's a hyperbolic take on minimalism..Which is ironic. Trying too hard to make things look organic.

^^That place is amazing and inspiring.

ive trying to move into a loft so badly. Man there are so many in toronto for cheap but you gotta know someone. Its basically impossible unless I want to live with someone.

thats much music outside the window. THis place is under 600

44b8ab123c8911e2974222000a1fbdac_7.jpg

this one in the same building for 1200. 2 bedroom.

5d6c44acb26e11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Where the hell did you find these places (and at those prices)? I'd much rather rent a loft downtown..Alone or not.

Edited by dirty.

• 2 weeks later...