superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

moved into my new place this week. still got some stuff to work out, need some shelves for example, but i'm really happy so far

imageszv.jpg

bedroom - cheap ikea wireframe closet thing, usm haller 200x100 desk, hand me down mirror

imageiam.jpg

living room - the cheapest sofa they had at ikea (first thing im gonna upgrade when i have money), usm haller 125x75 desk as a dining table, hand me down chairs and side tables

Can anyone recommend a nice clothes hamper? I'm using an old cardboard box since my last one split open...

I'm into these, but they might not be your style: http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1669146

Just went through something similar, got tired of the flexible laundry basket overflowing.

5169180141_6298940976_z.jpg

I miss my old crib. Moved out in februry to try home ownership/investment and it turned out to be a disaster.

I may be moving into a loft style apartment (thats a bit bigger then my old studio but in a nicer area and cheaper rent) may 1st. Any ideas on how to mount a flat screen TV to cement wall?

that joann person in the teeny-tiny category managed to pack huge quantities of clutter and pinterest-type twee cuteness into 400 sq ft

No testosterone in that place.

Any ideas on how to mount a flat screen TV to cement wall?

Use a masonry bit, drill some holes, pound in some plastic anchors? I'd think it's similar to mounting in a non-wood framed gyp wall, where you don't have an actual stud to shoot for.

This is of course assuming it's a solid conc. wall and not just some cement plaster, etc-

Use a masonry bit, drill some holes, pound in some plastic anchors? I'd think it's similar to mounting in a non-wood framed gyp wall, where you don't have an actual stud to shoot for.

This is of course assuming it's a solid conc. wall and not just some cement plaster, etc-

You probably want an sds hammer dill at the least, avoids chipping as much as possible. I would also recommend the steel expanding concrete anchors, if you use the straight entry plastic anchors you'll develop wiggle for sure, they just don't get it done on concrete/cement. Alternatively, for more noise you could shoot some Hilti anchors on, but most people aren't going to have that equipment..

Moving soon, excited to set up the new space. I'll be sure to have some pics. Most recent purchase is a Bertoia Diamond chair, which is currently having a cover made.

I also got a free Eames shell from school B)

Edited by kvc06

You probably want an sds hammer dill at the least, avoids chipping as much as possible. I would also recommend the steel expanding concrete anchors, if you use the straight entry plastic anchors you'll develop wiggle for sure, they just don't get it done on concrete/cement. Alternatively, for more noise you could shoot some Hilti anchors on, but most people aren't going to have that equipment..

Sound advice if the OP wants to buy/rent a new drill or if the TV is fairly large, though I'd doubt the plastic anchors would fare that bad, assuming the TV is on a fixed mount-

• 3 weeks later...