superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

Aight, not to be a spoilsport or a naggy nancy, but can we switch the momentum back toward a actual interior design and living spaces and let chairs take a backseat for a sec (see what I did there...? :D ) I'm about to move into a TINY 2/1 cottage, and would love some help designing it and picking the layout. I'll post pics when we do the walk through.

Well if you insist :)

I picked this up at an auction today,

went for a great price, much less than it's worth.

it's no longer in production with metal legs either, I've wanted this table for quite a bit.

01425-05.jpg

This summer I plan to make a dining table out of reclaimed barnwood and ikea legs.

Edited by kvc06

just moved to portland a couple weeks ago, still getting settled in. furnishing is a fun but expensive process, it may take a while to get everything we need. i'm trying soo hard to avoid ikea because that's what every young person's apartment is furnished with, but the price and designs are too good to pass up. i just got my mattress and i have a desk on the way.

anyone have recommendations for bedding? i'm looking for a comforter with a nice texture, but all i can find is solids, florals, and stripes.

tumblr_lzrybmf8rW1qaw92jo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_lzrybmf8rW1qaw92jo1_1280.jpg

I imagine setting that table would be rather difficult considering the monotone nature of it, but i suppose that really depends on the room which it will be held in

that's a coffee table...and "monotone"? Are tables supposed to be multicoloured now??

And you bitches need to get over all this eames shit...there are thousands of great designs out there...why hype over the same one over and over? shit got tired in the 80's.

Edited by gimmegimme

I'm looking to branch out with some danish designers... problem is they're so expensive. I'm hoping to find some nice pieces at flea markets or estate/garage sales this summer. I also want some saarinen/bertoia/nelson things.

that's a coffee table...and "monotone"? Are tables supposed to be multicoloured now??

And you bitches need to get over all this eames shit...there are thousands of great designs out there...why hype over the same one over and over? shit got tired in the 80's.

Eames has never gotten tired, it's a quote timeless design label regardless of kvc06s hoarding, which does make it kind of lame and hype beast-y.

hypebeasty to build a quality furniture collection that I actually use? explain that to me...You also realize that I basically get all of pieces for free by buying and selling? Not everything I buy is to keep, many of the chairs come in package deals, and often I can sell one or two pieces from the package to cover the cost.

I plan to use this furniture for as long as it lasts, I can assure you it isn't hoarding or beasting over the latest trend. Over time when something I want does pop up, I can sell some of the excess chairs to build a more complete set of furniture.

Completely remodeling my home this year, really excited about this project. working with some architects and engineers, the whole house plan will be changed up drastically: removing walls to make the spaces more open, new kitchen everything, re-doing all the floors, stairs and lighting, and furniture. just about every part of the interior design will be changed somehow. copped the house last year but i'm not moving in until this is done. i'll try to post updates on this thread if people care, but its gonna take months.

Edited by fallen angels

just moved to portland a couple weeks ago, still getting settled in. furnishing is a fun but expensive process, it may take a while to get everything we need. i'm trying soo hard to avoid ikea because that's what every young person's apartment is furnished with, but the price and designs are too good to pass up. i just got my mattress and i have a desk on the way.

anyone have recommendations for bedding? i'm looking for a comforter with a nice texture, but all i can find is solids, florals, and stripes.

what part of portland is that?

Spent a few months in Switzerland helping to decorate my girlfriend's apartment. Built the origami thing and pipe bookshelf. Notice the bookshelf doesnt tie into the wall but instead is compressed between the floor and ceiling. I'm currently talking to the people at Apartment Therapy so there might be a tutorial post on it soon.

422078_529749930020_28900013_30612348_1627949886_n.jpg

424090_529839086350_28900013_30612944_969708798_n.jpg

429495_529839056410_28900013_30612943_190232614_n.jpg

417300_529839026470_28900013_30612942_904490177_n.jpg

the swiss do it better...nice work brokedj. i need to learn the secret to the pipe bookshelf...