superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

CL is really your best bet. Also maybe estate sales/ garage sales in nicer neighborhoods.

I've had the best luck with craigslist/ ebay. Gotta sort through the BS posts. Check craigslists near your area besides your home CL if you don't mind driving. search "herman miller" on craigslist and you might find some that people don't label as eames.

Posted · Hidden by eplsoccer7, February 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by eplsoccer7, February 10, 2012 - No reason given

So I'd like some help identifying this chair. I believe it's a DCW, authentic or fake I do not know. So I picked up some holiday shifts at Banana Republic and this was in the stock room from an old display. I planned on asking the manager this morning to buy it or replace it with another chair. She said people were being lazy by sitting in it and wanted it thrown away. She said I could take it. Here are some photos of it. Thanks!

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

It's the real deal, Banana Republic uses real chairs in their displays sometimes.. My local store has a lounge chair and ottoman that they rest clothes on... wish I could have it.

Awesome find

Posted · Hidden by eplsoccer7, February 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by eplsoccer7, February 10, 2012 - No reason given

Thanks for that. Pretty pumped on it. Definitely has been abused however, with tiny paint chips, scuffs and scratches. Any ideas on proper cleaning/refurb? I have a friend who's dad restores vintage furniture. I may go pick his brain.

Nothing wrong with a little wear, but your friend's dad should definitely be able to bring it back up to shape if it bothers you with some refinishing.

from HM:

For normal cleaning, dust furniture daily with a slightly damp, soft cloth. Wipe dry with a dry, soft cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Once a month, clean the surface with a soft cloth dampened with a quality cleaner formulated for wood furniture. Wipe the surface in the direction of the wood grain to remove dirt and fingerprints. Wipe dry with a clean, dry cloth. Twice a year, apply a good quality emulsion wax to the finish with a soft cloth. Emulsion wax is clear and prevents fingerprints.

For minor repair of water rings, stains, and scratches, rub the surface lightly in the direction of the wood grain using No. 000 steel wool. Apply a scratch-removing polish with a color and value that simulate the veneer. If the scratches are deep, consult a professional furniture refinisher.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by koven, December 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by koven, December 27, 2011 - No reason given

my room back home, the aeron is the best chair I've ever sat in

5565435718_086aea48ca_b.jpg

Dope. Im jealous of the natural light. I would keep my curtains open but I can literally see inside the building next door.

5169180141_6298940976_z.jpg

my studio by MrEllis, on Flickr

6348121769_4c2299a211.jpg

gotham city by MrEllis, on Flickr

Moving into a Loft Feb 1st

Edited by koven

Prices for Eames fiberglass are through the roof on Ebay, Craigslist. I suspect anyone who pays over $150 for a side chair will regret it in a year or so...

nice place. random question: where did you get the frame for your daft punk poster? have some posters that i'd like to frame - cheaply.

6631699681_236e6d068f_z.jpg

dumping some more exposure test shots from my 4x5 camera.

my art & design research/book pile. ran out of shelves a long time ago...