superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

6287273061_7e534cb39e_z.jpg

to be cleaned up and used as a kitchen set. maybe new bases down the road a bit.

glad you got em..

try the mr clean magic eraser for cleaning, did wonders on mine

those would look nice with the dowel base

the white ones are for dining table. The rocking chair is in my bedroom. The leather one in my roomates room. One orange one is my computer table. The other three are put away in the closet. There are four more stacking ones in storage.

We get them cheap, and restore them, hence why we have so many.

313112_523025560710_28900013_30586665_1132978783_n.jpg

Thebrokedj's apartment is super nice; on a related note.Does anyone know of any good pieces of furniture that will hold two turntables and a mixed nicely and at a good height for mixing?? I feel like having a coffin on a keyboard stand is kind of an eyesore :(

BDJ: can you post a tutorial on your bookshelf? I been wanting to do one of those but anyone I know who's done it has had an easier space for it. Your flooring is laminate, not hardwood, correct? Did you screw right into it? Is the shelving anchored to wall at any poin or just floor and ceiling? I can go into my ceiling but I don't know if I want to hit my floors cause it's a rental and it'll probably cost me my deposit.

5-4 - try an expedit bookshelf from ikea. the 2x4 hole one should work, and you can put hyour records in the spaces. The turntables will be a little wide for the top of the shelf, so you can get a similarly sized lack shelf in the same veneer to put on top. It should look nice. If it's too short, add four pedestal legs at the bottom similar to those used for the Besta shelf units.

Nesk - I think i have a laminated floor. I didn't screw into it. The shelf is attached to the wall at the top only with screws in drywall anchors. I followed a tutorial I saw on the Brick House Blog. The difference between mine and that one is that they use custom pipe lengths, which is hard to match up. I used 18" 12" and 6" pipes. it does scuff up your floor though, so you should put something on the bottom flanges:

I think it cost around $300 for the parts.

http://www.the-brick-house.com/2009/09/shelving-unit/

I guess you guys have a point, I would be pretty anal about scratches but I also wouldn't want it to just sit there.. I guess I'll provide sweats to wear when sitting...

Just came up on enough money to get one but I want to wait and get a pre-owned or at least wait for the end of November HM sale