superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

I want to paint my bedroom black, and have a gold/warm tone from the lights. I can't find any examples or photos of it being done online. Ive seen this kind of style in clothing stores in nyc

help me out?

^

When I was looking for a black or gray for my place, I ended up searching links/photos on apartmenttherapy.

example

Ended up trying Benjamin Moore Black Beauty, Soot, Tar, Deep space, etc. for blacks. Those are the popular suggestions for BM. Best advice is to go to a store that just sells paints and ask for advice. Tack the strips on the wall back at home, picking a couple colours you like after looking at them under different light conditions, go back and buy sample pots. Blacks especially have many undertones depending on your light and existing paint conditions. If I hadn't tried paint samples on my walls, I would have never notice the taupe and violet tones of some.

Good luck. It's worth the trouble in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

May come as kind of a weird question, but I couldn't think of where else to put it. I just moved into a new place and while I got all of my furniture and shit in check, I'm lacking my own internet (using an unlocked connection for now) and cable package. I'd prefer to do a bundle plan and I don't need a phone land line, what would you guys suggest?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...