superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

• 5 weeks later...

I just got a studio apartment im looking for space saving/aesthetic interior decoration ideas. (ho homo haha)

I dont know anything about home decor or furniture. I just know i want the place to look sleek.

I dont like the idea of someone coming in my apartment and just seing my bed. Where can I find a room divider/bed combo like this?

good-studio.jpg?w=500&h=374

thanks for the rep. i almost never check sufu anymore these days, but for those asking about the triangle crap, i explained it in detail on apartment therapy:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/house-tours/jeremy-ralphs-bachelor-pad-house-call-124725

Yo, can you explain the joining just a little more in detail? Specifically

5. Joining the two pieces is a complete pain. Use strips of paper and glue on the back. I originally used duct tape and it would tear apart at the seams and looked very unclean.

So you basically just forced 2 pieces of posterboard together after folding 30º60º90º along the back?

thanks mate. this looks pretty ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought this wormley desk.

5118819125_f8c6a14376.jpg

my study is now complete except for some photographs and a daybed.

OK so i'm half moved in. I haven't spent the night there yet. Still buying furniture and stuff. The reason I chose this design is because I didn't just want my bed out there in the open, I think with this design Its somewhat concealed. I read every page of this thread and a bunch of other threads like this, I also looked at a million google images of studio apartments for inspiration haha.

The place is dirty because people have been walking around in shoes and the stuff was being installed. The floor needs a good polish.

appt3.jpg

appt1.jpg

appt2.jpg

Still need an ottoman/coffee table, a computer chair, and some other small things like curtains and stuff.

edit Got the curtains, computer, and internet/cable hooked up. Im not going for a total black/patrick bateman/bachelor look but there were no other curtain colors I was feeling. These ones are black on one side and white on the other so If I end up not liking black ill just swich them around.

Theres a few more things I need to figure out. Like where to mount a mirror and where to store my bike (dont want to store it on the balcony). What do do with the wires from the TV/Cable box. Im supposed to meet someone from craigslist tommorow to get an ottoman.

DSC_0079.jpg

ok so this may be just a total hit n miss request, but I havent been able to find anything on the interwebs that i could apply to my own room

pretty much looking for suggestions on a colour palette for the room. currently lime green with lipstick red edges (yep)

as you can see in the pics, there is some edging along the roof and a picture frame type edging about a 3rd of the way down the wall.

ive also got a big-fuck fireplace in the room aswell a fairly large white built in wardrobe. the ceiling is about 3m high so im looking to paint above the picture frame line, in a darker colour

again. this may be totally redundant but I thought maybe someone works in the field of interior design or design/art in general and can give me some ideas for colours.

FYI polished floor boards and two (2m H x 1m W) windows...so lots of light

07112010034.jpg

07112010035.jpg