MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Pedro said:

I bought a pair of Californian Lot 54BB awhile ago from MF in 36W since thats my SC waist size.

What the heck?

That sucks. I almost bought a pair of those Lot 54BB in 36 as well. I decided the rise was too high for me and actually ended up sizing down 1 on a pair of 64s LHT instead. One thing to note is that MF measures the thigh straight across from the crotch (not an inch down like SE and many others). There's also the "how do you measure/estimate the top block?" problem. So, you end up with thigh and waist measurements that compare favorably to other jeans you own and then you still discover, as @shredwin_206 notes, that MF tend to be to run "quite snug in the arse." 

Thanks to all of you for your helpful insight.

I did check the Sizing Chart and this is why I must have thought the 54BB would fit me.

The BB has the identical dimensions to the Lot 44 and I can wear the Lot 44.

I sure do like the rear pocket stitching (arcuate) of the MF’s and really admire Christophe and his annual themes of Americana. 

Follow-Up:

I did finally manage to pull the Lot 54 BB into position and get them buttoned.

Whats your opinion on fashion trends for 2022? Do you think the muffin top look (with belly fat spilled over the beltline) might make a comeback?

If it does, then I am claiming credit for the trend.

Edited by Pedro

55 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Follow-Up:

Whats your opinion on fashion trends for 2022? Do you think the muffin top look (with belly fat spilled over the beltline) might make a comeback?

the muffin top look most definitely in fashion right now but only if you are shirtless with a tshirt tan. you're welcome. 

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

Follow-Up:

Nothing on superfuture denim has ever been out of style, so it cannot come back as a trend. It's always been there. Only the most timeless of looks survives here and this is of course one of them. 

On 1/31/2022 at 10:51 AM, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Took a quick trip to the sewing machine for some preventative maintenance and figured id snap a few while i was at it. 

Is there a sub-forum on denim repair by hand or with a sewing machine? 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, Pedro said:

Thanks to all of you for your helpful insight.

I did check the Sizing Chart and this is why I must have thought the 54BB would fit me.

The BB has the identical dimensions to the Lot 44 and I can wear the Lot 44.

I sure do like the rear pocket stitching (arcuate) of the MF’s and really admire Christophe and his annual themes of Americana. 

I visited the shop and tried on some different jeans in my same SC size and was def muffin topping in them. Could barley button them. Went up a size and they were too big in the top block so I ended up passing. Such a shame. 

On 5/30/2021 at 3:09 AM, shredwin_206 said:

mkquHq4.jpgIyuw2b9.jpgthese have reached the perfect level of fading for me personally. 
they’re now out of regular rotation and will be worn sparingly so I don’t just turn them into shreds. Ha

Man so awesome! Lot 64 OGs are my grails. I'd love to find a pair in 34 but they're sold out. Is the fit or colour any similar to any other pairs of MF you own?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to see more corduroy but the cut (why their slimmest cut?) and jacket designs aren't doing it for me. The garment dyed indigo cords they have from a few seasons ago are more appealing but just too expensive. I tend to like MFSC more when it goes more towards military/navy/repro inspiration I guess. Normal blue jeans are about as Western wear as I'd ever want to get - aside from my midnight ranch jacket. That said, I like that he's still coming up with twists for garments. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with Mister Freedom’s Californian Lot 64 jeans? I tried on both the OG23 and the paniolo in store this weekend and loved them both. The hue of the OG23 denim is a bit more blue, which reminded me of my dads old Levi’s. Looks like they’re New Old Stock Cone Mills denim, organic cotton, 12.75 oz, made in USA. I don’t know much about cone mills but recall reading mixed reviews in the past? 

Any faded examples of this denim? Or any experience, thoughts on the quality? At $400, they’re pricier than their paniolo, which I also liked…

Edited by rebonix

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM
  • 2 months later...

Just picked up these Mister Freedom Midnight Riders by Sugarcane. 

10 oz. Denim,  Indigo warp, black weft

These are a little long so the ankle pockets are mostly hideen by cuffs but I've been after these for so long I don't care. 

I first saw these worn by (former?)  SF Member Cotton Duck and in love but rarity and economics would prevent me from picking up a pair. 

(Image below)

670794561_Screenshot_20230704-133356_PhotoEditor.jpg.fc02fcb58a92bc6936667ed0c0590749.jpg

Until last week. Saw these for pretty cheap online in a size I could make work...so inpulled the trigger. 

Still getting used to the wider leg openings but the construction and denim are fantastic. 

Screenshot_20230704-133132_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a991764c08269dda3a06ff5f326ca096.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114611_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114712_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114823_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-125630_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-135250_Instagram.jpg

Edited by cultpop 0217
Photos

19 hours ago, cultpop 0217 said:

Just picked up these Mister Freedom Midnight Riders by Sugarcane. 

10 oz. Denim,  Indigo warp, black weft

These are a little long so the ankle pockets are mostly hideen by cuffs but I've been after these for so long I don't care. 

I first saw these worn by (former?)  SF Member Cotton Duck and in love but rarity and economics would prevent me from picking up a pair. 

(Image below)

670794561_Screenshot_20230704-133356_PhotoEditor.jpg.fc02fcb58a92bc6936667ed0c0590749.jpg

Until last week. Saw these for pretty cheap online in a size I could make work...so inpulled the trigger. 

Still getting used to the wider leg openings but the construction and denim are fantastic. 

Screenshot_20230704-133132_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a991764c08269dda3a06ff5f326ca096.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114611_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114712_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-114823_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-125630_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230704-135250_Instagram.jpg

Spot on fit… the leg opening + boots is perfect. What boots are those?