Chino pants

indigoeagle

3 hours ago, Talan said:

I am size 36 most often, so about 23, 24, to 25 max. Something in beige/khaki variety.

So, the BR Original Specs would work, I think. The others are wider.
The Westpoint fabric which they are also made of is quite interesting. It's a bit shiny, very smooth. And probably due to that the beige colour, which I have, changes according to the light.

The Pherrows are also very nice, with the khaki being more of a yellow-green. They fit smaller, I have a 36 vs. my "normal"34.

The Deluxeware have currently a bit more of a brownish khaki colour. They are made of LHT chino cloth, but tightly woven.

The TwoMoon are also great, but fit smaller like the Pherrows.
The khaki is also more of a green-yellow.
The 529 is a slimmer fit. The 536 are a bit wider.

Colimbo Overland campaign trousers might also be an option. They are still available at mushman in 36.
http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=170963613

The Freewheeler ones look very good, too.

Edited by indigoeagle

1 hour ago, indigoeagle said:

The Westpoint fabric which they are also made of is quite interesting. It's a bit shiny, very smooth. And probably due to that the beige colour, which I have, changes according to the light.

The Pherrows are also very nice, with the khaki being more of a yellow-green. They fit smaller, I have a 36 vs. my "normal"34.

The Deluxeware have currently a bit more of a brownish khaki colour. They are made of LHT chino cloth, but tightly woven.

Colimbo Overland campaign trousers might also be an option. They are still available at mushman in 36.

Thank you! Lot of info to consider. What do you think about Joe McCoy and Jelado mentioned above?

15 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

Thanks again for the recommendations. Freewheelers quality looks very convincing as always, but a narrow 22 cm hem is hardly a pass. The back rise of 50 cm is also puzzling. More, I have quite a few various FW bottoms already, and would like to widen the brands selection. Some mentioned budget pants come with a zipper, buttons are preferable. I like the Deluxeware, but yes, the fabric is a little darker. Colimbo seems to be the most appropriate option, especially considering the price, much more merciful than McCoy and Jelado. Anyway, I am starting to narrow to a few of the most appropriate options. Will try to check availability and shipping terms. 

Edited by Talan

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:04 PM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

btw if anyone has recommendations for a wide pair of denim chinos I’d love to look into it. 

At Last & Co have denim trousers with chino type pockets.

On 2/7/2023 at 6:27 PM, indigoeagle said:

Colimbo Overland campaign trousers might also be an option. 

Thanks again. Just received it, hemmed at a local tailor's shop. The detailing is very nice, so is the fabric.

IMG_7218.thumb.jpg.da400fc46c0602a8633933aec5612c98.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, Talan said:

At Last & Co have denim trousers with chino type pockets.

Contacted them. Let’s see where it goes. 

I think it’s either going to be At Last or belafonte. Problem with Belafonte is that they are around 13oz and unsanforized and I want something lighter like 8-10oz tops, for the scorching summer months. 

About the Colimbo chinos - they look really good. Also it seems like they don’t have that spark/tinge that the BR chinos have, that took me like 3-4 washes to remove.

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

2 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

About the Colimbo chinos - they look really good. Also it seems like they don’t have that spark/tinge that the BR chinos have, that took me like 3-4 washes to remove.

There is a slight sheen, but it's not too noticeable. It will go away, I think. The fabric is interesting, and it has quite an intriguing colour, which is hard to pinpoint. It changes with the light. 

Apparently that shiny and smooth property of the fabric is typical for the right hand twill, the WestPoint or Weapon fabric.
In my beige original spec BRs it is indeed quite strong, even though the fabric comes washed (BR 40025A). That colour is quite amazing. It can look quite different depending on the light.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In continuation. This is what the Warehouse 1082 looks like after the shrinkage procedure. It was better before shrinkage, right? )) But, I still like them. The photos are so-so, there is little light.

Warehouse_01.jpg

Warehouse_02.jpg

Warehouse_03.jpg

Warehouse_04.jpg

Warehouse_11.jpg

Edited by Punch

• 2 weeks later...

Still a very good fit. I guess next time you can buy a size up if you want the wider look.

• 2 weeks later...

Phigvel chino pants.  Don’t remember the style name.  Inside of right pocket has a nice little tag.

The only thing I don’t like about them is that they’re zippered not button fly.

C8718460-5B04-426A-B627-17C235562B5C.jpeg

57BE627E-64CA-49BF-854E-D84B2A5809CA.jpeg

69077D89-2FE5-4203-9AE8-B7517236A665.jpeg

011C59EB-1C27-414E-9269-AC44F4E65CCE.jpeg

B167F93E-DACB-4CDB-913F-D3DE3BDD3E81.jpeg

Edited by mlwdp

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if the Left Field chinos are on anyone’s radar but I’ve had a few pairs and they’re awesome. The fit might be a little more modern than a classic chino but otherwise I think they check all the boxes in their details.

I have 3 pairs of chinos. Khaki from Orslow- I feel them too much modified to present cut of trousers. Beige from RMC- my favourite. Not slim, not bagy. And Olive from Buzz Rickson- very nice, I think more close to original fit with a lot of room all around the body, just in waist tight.... but I love them all...

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know if there is an online store stocking the Warehouse 1082 in beige size 38? I have looked far and wide and didn’t find anything. I emailed Warehouse and they said they are not planning a restock soon. 

I’m debating that one or the Freewheelers M-1941 chino. Only thinking the FW is a little too tapered for my liking and it seems like that one has a very high back rise.