WINNERS ANNOUNCED : Warehouse + Signet Collab. Contest Jeans & Fading Competition

Signet

All right Eddie, count me in for a OW 31 cut to 32.5" inseam. Are you going to take orders through the site or just through e-mail?

And here I was just about to pull the trigger on some OG No. 1 Evisu 2001's with white guls and you had to go and fuck that all up.

18 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

All right Eddie, count me in for a OW 31 cut to 32.5" inseam. Are you going to take orders through the site or just through e-mail?

And here I was just about to pull the trigger on some OG No. 1 Evisu 2001's with white guls and you had to go and fuck that all up.

Copy that! Will mark your order down and we'll contact you as soon as we're ready to release the jeans.

Haha its what we do best!

according to the size chart in inches, I might be a 33. But I've had too many jeans that are too tight, and I'd rather err on the side of too big. 

I find that saying the jeans will shrink 8% overall is inaccurate. Denim shrinks differently in length vs. width of the weave. The waist band and leg length - length - will shrink more percentage wise than the width of the hips, thigh, knee, and hem - width. 

Are you / can you do a shrink test on one pair and post the results? 

Are the jeans being made to order, based on how many orders are received? 

5 hours ago, mpukas said:

according to the size chart in inches, I might be a 33. But I've had too many jeans that are too tight, and I'd rather err on the side of too big. 

I find that saying the jeans will shrink 8% overall is inaccurate. Denim shrinks differently in length vs. width of the weave. The waist band and leg length - length - will shrink more percentage wise than the width of the hips, thigh, knee, and hem - width. 

Right you are the 8% is just an estimate. It's hard to get a 100% fit even if you get your correct waist size because it is RTW after all. Our normal advice is to get something slightly big that can be easily thrown in the dryer and shrunk.

We have ready stock of this but they are finite.

9 hours ago, mpukas said:

i can do that for you tomorrow i have a size 34 here with me what kind of  process you want  ? machine and hang dry? tub soak and hang dry? you want hot water? hottest on tap?

12 hours ago, Jared_Lee said:

hahhahahah dude evisu can wait!  these cant :( 

3 hours ago, Signet said:

i can do that for you tomorrow i have a size 34 here with me what kind of  process you want  ? machine and hang dry? tub soak and hang dry? you want hot water? hottest on tap?

For new raw denim, I normally hot machine wash, inside out, and then a 20 minute hot dryer run, so that they are still damp, then hang until dry. I don't turn them right-side out until completely dry. This usually get most of the shrink out, and doesn't leave any crease fades. 

I'd be looking for a finished hem length of 33" +/-. This gives me enough length to cuff when I want to. Mostly I wear my jeans with slouchy stacks that are too long in length, but don't care. I suspect there's about 2 1/2" of shrink in length on these? I'd want to get them hemmed before washing, so I can still get good roping on the hem with the first wash. So prolly hemmed at 35.5"? 

7 hours ago, mpukas said:

For new raw denim, I normally hot machine wash, inside out, and then a 20 minute hot dryer run, so that they are still damp, then hang until dry. I don't turn them right-side out until completely dry. This usually get most of the shrink out, and doesn't leave any crease fades. 

I'd be looking for a finished hem length of 33" +/-. This gives me enough length to cuff when I want to. Mostly I wear my jeans with slouchy stacks that are too long in length, but don't care. I suspect there's about 2 1/2" of shrink in length on these? I'd want to get them hemmed before washing, so I can still get good roping on the hem with the first wash. So prolly hemmed at 35.5"? 

done! except i did 40 mins on dryer on medium heat  stilla little damp putting them under the sun now

13 hours ago, Signet said:

hahhahahah dude evisu can wait!  these cant :( 

No doubt. I'm all in on these. Looking forward to the official e-mail for purchase. Thanks, Ed!

15 hours ago, mpukas said:

after  the wash a size 34 now is 

16 3/4 on the waist

11 3/4 front rise 

16 1/8 back rise

13 on the thigh

9 3/4 on the knee

8 7/8 on the hem

35 1/4 on the inseam 

doing another how wash  now 

15 hours ago, Signet said:

after  the wash a size 34 now is 

16 3/4 on the waist

11 3/4 front rise 

16 1/8 back rise

13 on the thigh

9 3/4 on the knee

8 7/8 on the hem

35 1/4 on the inseam 

doing another how wash  now 

DID ANOTHER CYCLE SAME AS ABOVE 

16 1/4  WAIST

11 3/4 FRONT RISE

15 3/4 BACK RISE

13 THIGH

9 5/8 KNEE

8 3/4  HEM

34 3/4 ON INSEAM

I THINK IF I DO A FULL HOT CYCLE DRYER ON THESE WILL SHRINK MORE. BUT YEAH 

• 2 weeks later...

Don has been so great with communication throughout the process. I'm excited to get my pair! I haven't had any new Warehouse since January 2013.

On 2/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, Signet said:

DID ANOTHER CYCLE SAME AS ABOVE 

16 1/4  WAIST

11 3/4 FRONT RISE

15 3/4 BACK RISE

13 THIGH

9 5/8 KNEE

8 3/4  HEM

34 3/4 ON INSEAM

I THINK IF I DO A FULL HOT CYCLE DRYER ON THESE WILL SHRINK MORE. BUT YEAH 

I may be a 34 with this list post wash measurement..

On 2/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, aho said:

Not sure if I missed it but until when does the contest run?

EDIT: ooops, year long contest 

Yes, it will start this coming April 1 and end on the same date next year!

• 2 weeks later...