WAYWT 2022 [denim edition]

goodrain

1 hour ago, shredwin_206 said:

@CSL where did you buy the Offy? It looked more bright red in photos I saw online? 

Shredwin, I got it from McFly. They still had it in 17.5. I also bought the bright yellow/khaki version. 

It's more orange than red but I might have toned down the saturation too much in that photo.

56 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Jeez @beautiful_FrEaK .. i gave you one bit of parenting advice "don't let your kid near the hair clippers" and what did you do? you ignored it!

Nah, the credits go to my coiffeur. If Levin would have used the hair clippers, I'd be missing an ear ;) 

On 12/22/2022 at 5:19 PM, Toegun said:

Absolute last purchase of the year, Belafonte cinch back. These would give Tender and Dawson and run for their money in the wide leg department. I think they are 14 inch thigh straight down and great looking fabric:

09706423-B2B4-4D6B-9449-226D74F63932.thumb.jpeg.51950fb8cee89a306b4dc5886cea662e.jpeg

selvedge on the outseam and inseam?

@oomslokop Im not sure, the clean selvedge edge is only in the outer side of the leg, the other side is just threads. The stitching in the seat of the jeans is quite messy too. 

image.thumb.jpg.744755830c523fe7a4c24b8527b4b4c8.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c3b1fde1674266380dbe08bd8f279cd8.jpg

its a shame the patch doesn’t show any detail as I’m not sure what model it is and can’t find anything apart from that is Belafonte and Ragtime. 
image.thumb.jpg.8f9c4d3bb5dec1b003844fb3256a71d9.jpg

8 hours ago, Toegun said:

@oomslokop Im not sure, the clean selvedge edge is only in the outer side of the leg, the other side is just threads. The stitching in the seat of the jeans is quite messy too. 

image.thumb.jpg.744755830c523fe7a4c24b8527b4b4c8.jpg

ah okay thanks! apart from the inseam, the extra back pocket and the leather patch, the model down to the cut, stitching, crotch rivet placement looks like a doppelgänger of the leroy strauss tour jeans. makes sense since they're both "1890". 

^ Waistband and fly look like they’re done pretty differently, too, for whatever that’s worth

I’ve never gotten the impression that Belafonte is particularly repro-oriented, though, so the differences shouldn’t be too surprising