WAYWT 2022 [denim edition]

goodrain

Yeah, i'm pretty happy with them, given the choice i would choose a 33" instead of these 32"..

With the inseam not quite meeting my pumps.. I went for a mooch around the vintage shops on the hunt for some Hi's, I found a pile of them in one joint they all looked unworn apart from some odd yellowing/staining but on closer inspection.. there was no heel cup? wtf!

fullsizeoutput_349a.thumb.jpeg.ee581a930d4d028e88dd7c5681cbf95b.jpeg

...the ankle patch was plastic instead of rubber, i took out the insole and that wasn't right either so i said to the dude in the shop 'You know all these Converse are fake right?' he just shrugged.. I found quite a few pairs dotted around ebay so be careful if you're not buying from a reputable source.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195026553689?hash=item2d687d0b59:g:pQoAAOSwIW1ickai

Eventually.. I found a legit pair for an extra 5'er :)

Some old, some new, pure blue Japan with blue tab(cut off) and red selvedge… had to go back to 2005 to see something about these. 

also, Irish Clark’s are the only ones worth wearing. Does anyone even wear them anymore besides middle aged wu tang fans? 

I was wearing a watch too but this is a denim forum and I won’t bore you with that.

AAB2BDE1-A45A-4A94-B5AF-06D2F6130243.jpeg

1 hour ago, cheapmuthafukr said:

also, Irish Clark’s are the only ones worth wearing. Does anyone even wear them anymore besides middle aged wu tang fans?

They're a timeless classic! ..your Wu Tang association just gives your age away, for me (being slightly older) they'll always be late 80's - early 90's acid house/rave shoes.. from the days when 'you can't come in with trainers, even at the Hacienda'.. but Wallabees or even Kickers are just about passable' .. i suppose for folks slightly younger.. they'll forever be Britpop shoes!

^ Don’t forget Walter White! Clark’s Wallabees, Oberon, etc (in fact anything that looks like a pair of Cornish pasties) have been de rigeur for University lecturers and teachers over the years.

wrong thread but I first saw them at 18 to be worn by Richard Ashcroft... funny, years later I discovered wallabees were "invented" by the german shoe brand Sioux and had been called grasshopper, but you know the story ;)

for us indigo and wallabee friends:

https://southstore.shop-pro.jp/?pid=167985387

Edited by Sympathy-For-The-Denim

Middle aged man wu tang fan here with a pair of padmore and Barnes .

Didn’t buy them for that reason.

last time I saw wu tang play( I don’t know who were all there) they threatend to come upstairs if they throw another cup of beer.

and there comes a cup of beer. Someone in the crowd snitched who it was and got his ass kicked