WAYWT 2022 [denim edition]

goodrain

hey @goodrain

those are sz5 (I am wearing around w.38 these dayz): and yes: 132 are def wide: what see particular to them is relative middling rise (both front and back) to generous thigh width that keeps going down ... combined with heavy fabric that can be heavy on the hips... w. very different top-block & thigh to the tcb50s even if the hem is the same[-ish]

but: fabric / fades / shapes is worth the effort... [I say this from my previous experience as slimmer wearer of a carrot-ish 130 sz.4 ... where I kept the extra inseam as it gave weight to the slimmer profile]

plus: I think a 25 inch inseam is a good call: the fabric is so dense they don't flop about and that loss of fabric can lighten the load ... [that would be around 2 inches shorter than what I am wearing in their rolled up state; but 1. I am a lanky f**k {at around 6'2"} and 2. I don't think 132's need turn ups...] - imo inseams between 28-30" are actually a pretty perfect spring length

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I love the 132 silhouette, one of my all time favourites; going to start on a pair once my old tcbs and new canes are worn out. You wear it perfectly IMO @bartlebyyphonics - high, loose and unconcerned, which might have also been a fitting description of myself as a 22 year old, wearing my original pair of tenders…

the one thing I wonder is how the rise feels now, years on… i worry I (and others) have been spoiled by the tcb 40s and other belly-button-obscuring cuts, as is the case when putting on my old tender 129s, something about that mid-rise feels mildly exposed and even restricted…

I've gone beltless with my 132s to try to create that 'loose and unconcerned' state.  So I'm wearing a 3 which equates to a 34 waist, losing a bit on the rises but still with, as Bartles says, plenty of thigh by proportion.  I've kept the length and 'Tender' cuffs for now... might adjust later but in no rush and need to wear them much more before deciding.

Edit: @chicote so after reading your post, I changed into my 132s... rises 30/40/70 total from my FW WW2s rises 33/49/82 and yes it takes some adjusting!

Edited by MJF9

15 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@djungelorm What size are you? They still show up pretty regularly on Yahoo, esp. if you’re a 32 or below

@julian-wolf I would need a 38. I have never seen that size available, although I have not looked on yahoo jp in a long time. I sometimes look for other kakishibu options from other brands, but they tend to be a lot more $$$ than I want to spend.

Ah that’s a tough one. I think the Graph Zero jeans (seemingly using a very similar Nihon Menpu denim to these lot 285) go up to a 40; if those are a good cut for you they could be a solid option. Nihon Menpu also does in-house jeans in a variety of interesting denims, but I haven’t seen any reviews of them.

2 hours ago, chicote said:

the one thing I wonder is how the rise feels now, years on… i worry I (and others) have been spoiled by the tcb 40s and other belly-button-obscuring cuts, as is the case when putting on my old tender 129s, something about that mid-rise feels mildly exposed and even restricted…

yupyupyup... roll on a tender 125 comp... anyone have those actual f.&b. rise measurements for them? ('cos a 30 cm fr is feeling reel skimpy right now after 34cm!)?

5 hours ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

yupyupyup... roll on a tender 125 comp... anyone have those actual f.&b. rise measurements for them? ('cos a 30 cm fr is feeling reel skimpy right now after 34cm!)?

I've been looking at the 125s. My 129's are just getting good, though. The rise does feel a bit low after a few days in my WH 1003xx but I wear the Tenders way more right now and it doesn't really bother me after an initial few min. That said, I don't think I'd buy new jeans with the rise like that - also will go for fuller leg next time - but it's not gonna stop me from getting as much as I can from these. I just had to re-sew a few places though - and have to now every month or two, so I'm in preventative maintenance, consistent wash mode. I can't find the measurements but the one thing about the 125's was that it seemed to not be a size-to size comparison. What I mean is that for 129's, a size 2 is about perfect for me. The 125's, it seems I'd be a size 1 (or a pretty generously waisted size 2, and I don't like a loose waist). So I would email for specifics first. If a 125 comp happened probably be the first time I get in on one! 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Haven't been on here much as ive been spending 100% of my free time awaiting the release of Matt Reeves's The Batman film.

(It's stunning btw. Best Batman ever. Like the best comics come to life, it's a live action The Animated Series. ) 

Same old otherwise.  

Trusty cap. Pearls. 

Destroyed Leather 

Brooks Brothers Fair Isle/ Uniqlo tee

501 STF

R&B Fake Indy boot 

And one of my Vintage Seiko 5s (running very poorly) 

Screenshot_20220309-154838_Instagram.thumb.jpg.bc7f1cd714fd7ce90f6b4b5b0e6791b4.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-153038_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4149f641d485d2507044bcca0002088d.jpg

20220309_153747.thumb.jpg.6a0d4366303cf7ecd4ebe792f9961826.jpg

Screenshot_20220309-151905_Instagram.thumb.jpg.537311e897552c8e9587e57fdb4170a3.jpg

35 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

You’re not the only one; homeboy’s been neg repping everything I’ve posted for weeks

Really must take a lot of energy

That is exceptionally pathetic AND kinda hilarious.  Poor lil guy. Must have really struck a nerve. 

Also someone should let him know "beef" requires the two parties to actually give a fuck. 

Otherwise it just looks sad and petty. 

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

You’re not the only one; homeboy’s been neg repping everything I’ve posted for weeks

Really must take a lot of energy

Genuinely hope the dude can find a better headspace. In the meantime, I've found the ignore button handy.