WAYWT 2022 [denim edition]

goodrain

3 hours ago, JMS said:

'Grown ass men' don't need to 'go after' others on a denim forum. Feeling the pressure to explain one's actions is never a sign of strength (as Nietzsche wrote so much about) but rather often a symptom of an ego dependent on social cues and engagement; perhaps one's self-conscience is too caught up, rather, the direct result of such forms of identity creation altogether such that machismo retaliation becomes felt as true strength. Too many animals in the cage to realize the broader circumstances - that they're all in the cage already. Since we were on the topic...

I know I didn't NEED to, but I WANTED to. I  didn't like the shit that he was kicking and I said what was on my mind. You can keep psychoanalyzing and try to sound smart if you wanted tho

"Since we were on the topic"... LMAO nah YOU were on the topic. 

54 minutes ago, goodrain said:

for the record, I said

"fosho man I am just trying to defuse the situation

all he said was does not equate

let's chill, yea?"

And he gave me a neg rep, which to me is like saying nah man FU I don't want to chill

Well FU too, then, lets go

For a guy claiming to be about defusing stuff to get so upset about losing an internet point and then to go level explicit insults? Like, this over a neg rep? Do I have that correct? Then to feel the need to assert their grown ass manliness? This is a denim forum, it's daily life costumes. This shit ain't that serious. It's fun. Hon, you shoulda just put down the shovel and then taken a walk. 

11 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

For a guy claiming to be about defusing stuff to get so upset about losing an internet point and then to go level explicit insults? Like, this over a neg rep? Do I have that correct? Then to feel the need to assert their grown ass manliness? This is a denim forum, it's daily life costumes. This shit ain't that serious. It's fun. Hon, you shoulda just put down the shovel and then taken a walk. 

If you think this was about "losing a internet point" you are a fucking idiot, but I already knew that from your stupid take on Warehouse tees.

@AlientoyWorkmachine let me make it clear to you man. I don't give a fuck what you think about me and don't need you to tell me what to and what not to do. You can if you want, tho. That's your prerogative. Napoleon said his fits aren't for everyone. Well shit, mine aren't either! I post pictures of me rocking soccer jerseys, fake nikes and rolex copies. You think I give a fuck what others think? I'm not the go along, get along type, man.

You are right. THIS SHIT AINT THAT SERIOUS. That is why I am having fun and talking shit when I thought he flipped me off. I am a lawyer. Do you think I'd talk this way to a judge? Fuck no. Why not? CUZ THAT SHIT IS SERIOUS.

I know how to act respectful, and am for the most part, but if you talk at me or about me, I will respond. I don't instigate, but I will escalate. 

Edited by goodrain

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

for the record, I said

"fosho man I am just trying to defuse the situation

all he said was does not equate

let's chill, yea?"

And he gave me a neg rep, which to me is like saying nah man FU I don't want to chill

Well FU too, then, lets go

@unders

[shrugs shoulders emoji]

What happened to “talk shit post fit” as the governing principle of sufu waywt?

@goodrain you’ve been spamming up this thread non-stop trying to defend yourself—if you put up a single photo wearing something other than sweatpants and fake sneakers it might be easier to take you seriously (prob. not by much, though, the way you’re running this into the ground…). At least the dude you’re talking shit to has style.

@julian-wolf  I've been here longer than you but I have to prove to you that I am about this life and "got style"? Ok, here is a throwback then.

American Optical/ROY/Stevenson/Blacksign

Do you think anyone takes your seriously? I went to UC Berkeley, too, my guy. What type of PHD student has money to buy 50 pairs of jeans? What kinda side hustle you got going on? Are you sure you only sell veggies?

@ALL  I will be working in front of my computer for the next 12 hours. We can keep doing this if yall want or we can drop it. I don't want to junk up the thread but like I said if you talk at me or about me I will respond. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk it out. I will even give you my phone number if you want to call me.

Screenshot_20220206-063224.png

Edited by goodrain

Wtf is going on? 
I agree that @cultpop 0217 style is definitely not my cup of tea but I do enjoy his fits to breakup the constant denim everything and engineer boot fits. 
I also would agree that some of the digs @goodrain posted were a bit much. No one needs to be bullied like that. 
If you’re still upset maybe start a new thread or just message cultpop and keep it between you instead of clogging this thread?

On 2/1/2022 at 9:32 AM, goodrain said:

not throwing shade, you have a cool style and just wanted to hear the inspiration behind this fit

@shredwin_206 Most of you vain MF's don't even bother to find out what's going on before getting on your high horse because you like hearing/reading your own words so much. 

This was my response when he was respectful to me. He started getting pissy about what Geeman wrote and I tried to get him to cool it and (to me) he said F off. 

Sorry for crapping up the thread folks. 

I thought I could sarcastically respond to the specific member who commented to me but I guess the one man peanut gallery who needed to play daddy had other ideas. 

I gave @goodrain negative rep for trying to play tone police by interjecting and for telling another "grown ass man" to "just chill" when no one asked. Literally no one was talking to you. 

Defuse? That's comedy. 

Had zero to do with you, son. 

Also didn't think it was THAT serious.  

But I guess that was enough to trigger him into the meltdown that ensued. 

Napolean? Still going huh? 

Coming from the guy posting sweatpants pics I guess I should just have been flattered and moved on with my day. 

This all could have been avoided with some constructive crit. If you want to bag on someone's steez at least give some context on why it's not working instead of taking the easy layup.  

*shrugs* 

I never even bagged on your steez, son. I said "not throwing shade, you have a cool style and just wanted to hear the inspiration behind this fit'; You got yourself all twisted up in a web that you probably forgot.

You do look like a dwarf tho. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Edited by goodrain