Well Worn Clothing

Flash

This is my Ironhead jacket which is about 5~6 years old. Again as @Flash mentioned, some things don’t ‘show’ much wear but this is probably my most worn jacket. The moleskin fabric has creases set in the sleeves even after washing, and I like that the painted buttons have chipped, there’s some colour transfer from other garments, and the rivets have dulled considerably from the bright brass when they were new. The colour doesn’t fade quickly by washing, but does seem to be quickly affected by sharp creases or folds - there’s a little bit on the sleeves around the elbow, but there’s a line down the left arm where it was probably a bit crushed in the wardrobe.

593BFED8-F0C7-4080-8E40-3F94199D5AD6.jpeg

742B1F6D-3173-4F0F-A963-50204A09B3BD.jpeg

F9C2BEA3-B778-43C4-B5D1-1B7B10841668.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

3 hours ago, FAB FOUR said:

@Duke Mantee

Thanks for posting your "ironhead" jacket, it's looking fantastic. I encouraged  my partner to buy me one earlier this year when they redid the jacket, as a birthday present. Your photos have only made me keener to finally get my hands on it and lucky for me my birthday is later this week.

I think you’ll find the newer jackets will show wear a lot quicker not being moleskin - so I hope you enjoy it and I’m looking forward to the fit pics

22 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I think you’ll find the newer jackets will show wear a lot quicker not being moleskin - so I hope you enjoy it and I’m looking forward to the fit pics

Ah yes that's a very good point, and the buttons down the front are different too, Don't really post photos, but yeah maybe.

^ I was wearing mine today and thinking I should probably take a pic for this thread... it looks about the same. They end up looking quite a lot like the "sunburned" distressed versions that PBJ sell, I think. I have three Orslow indigo Ts at different stages of development, so I should make an effort to get those up...

• 3 weeks later...

One of my friends bought this MiA North Face down vest back in the early 90's.. (back when North Face was a company making credible expedition gear) for a trip up Mont Blanc, not long after he started running ultra's, slimmed down and gave it to me.. i never wore it cos being a size L, it was too big..

P1030992.thumb.JPG.a77f9ccd6bdafdac917328577eacea2f.JPG

..around 15yrs ago i ran out of gasoil at work, it was fuc*ing freezing so i started wearing it out of necessity..anyhow i never took it back home and ive worn it annually ever since for the cold months as a top layer over a 506, sweatshirt, and tee over thermal base so the larger size works

P1030986.thumb.JPG.4a694fb250bb9b1cf4b1f23f3c0bf860.JPG

..when i snag it on something i just superglue a bit of ducktape over the hole to stop the down spewing out

P1030990.thumb.JPG.4ebd20c67c41b3a864fd67d65c161fa9.JPG

..it's never been washed in 30yrs, it doesn't touch my body and i don't care if it's clean, i only care if it's warm so the loftyness of the down takes priority.

When i put it away at the end of Feb, i rub it all over inside and out with a jay cloth and hot soapy water while i'm wearing it, hang to dry and put it away till next winter :)

Not the most interesting but this is my Velva Sheen mock twist tee that I’ve been wearing regularly for around five years or so. It’s held up well with the only noticeable wear visible around the neck and shoulders.

DB7C95E4-9E0F-4C24-AF7F-B50DE48BE2B2.jpeg

26749296-C6F9-4E1D-8192-3DAA412F5063.jpeg

• 1 year later...

My favorite shirt is this 1990s Agnes b. planete shirt, however I believe it might be time to retire it. Thankfully they are still in production and made in France so I've ordered a new one.
If someone knows a good way to mend the collar please lmk!

IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.cbe5095b01bf3c1ac20bb2d01894ac45.jpegIMG_3871.thumb.jpeg.a2d721fb50f00104fda8fc7f7e7ea1aa.jpegIMG_3873.thumb.jpeg.73bf97967d1f1177f851b62e10611961.jpeg

https://www.agnesb.eu/en/men/the-forever/light-blue-cotton-twill-plan-te-shirt