Vintage clothing and footwear

Flash

36 minutes ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

@Sympathy-For-The-Denim - your vintage overcoat from waywt absolutely rocks...

@Flash - great idea...

... perennial problem: when does vintage begin for you / this thread? 

Not gonna force my opinion on anyone mate , if you( whoever ) deems the piece vintage then go ahead ....... but the first user to post some kappa snap bottoms should be forever shunned by the community 

Edited by Flash

just checking parameters for all forum sakes... just checking for all y'all not setting 1950s as the starting point...

but yes: juicy couture velour track is also vintage... as our parents and grandparent will tell you; it is strange when the yoof of today wear the clothes of yr own yoof and present it as vintage... so dressing as Xander from Buffy is my possible new vintage aim... [but I think the sandlot-core talk has been dun already...]

just checking...

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

... so dressing as Xander from Buffy is my possible new vintage aim...

Ha... a few of my students (the hip, 15-y.o. retro ones) used to swear I was Giles. Now that I'm older than I ever seriously thought I was going to be, I don't mind that.

@Flash good shout on starting the thread... some interesting looking items above too

If vintage is 20+ years then that brings in some of the earlier repros too e.g. early LVC, Canes etc

Would be interested in where those in the UK hunt for vintage treasures beyond the more well known places

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

Would be interested in where those in the UK hunt for vintage treasures beyond the more well known places

Sheff has quite a vibrant vintage scene.. this place is on the row of shops near our house JoJo's General Store

On 1/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

JoJo's, find their vintage goodies on Insta

IMG_8616

TVbeDaY.jpglOftYhR.jpgusv2aFg.jpgwhen it comes to the big 3. Wrangler is where my heart lies. 
it probably goes back to watching my grandfather starch his wranglers each morning before working the farm. 
these are old wranglers. I don’t think they’re bluebell 

14 hours ago, chicote said:

... pretty much all of these items have come from digging around in goodwill outlet “bins” and small town garage sales... 

nice: UK charity/thrift stores are pretty rinsed out for last few years; good to know gems can still be found where you are...

E4D81AA6-4B16-479B-949E-3E14AFC66F25.thumb.jpeg.ddde3ca3c464475a5c112bc51cd2b812.jpeg959822AD-2575-470F-AF15-327C1274A51F.thumb.jpeg.81930ed027c3e1a096c2f31278b429b1.jpeg

looks like a great jacket in good condition if it is from the 40s - does anyone else know when the m-1943 stopped being used / produced?

.. Couple of pairs of overalls which I’ve started wearing thanks to @bartlebyyphonics! 60s JC Penney Big Mac and 80s Dickies wabash:

A4175806-BED8-481F-808E-E3A801C19E13.thumb.jpeg.f241b1ef65bbff857d91a2a2a6a9402c.jpeg
F1EC77AC-E4DE-4727-B6C0-DF90798C979E.thumb.jpeg.84a064a0bdf6f9302d3371f7c7fefc4b.jpeg

^ they look good! Glad to know I am a bad sartorial influence...

true overall inspiration comes from this 1915 pic that @buler put up in the denimbro workwear picture thread: double/apron overalls and higher trousers than even god imagined...

image.png.62438f0291c76cc482e802bd32429cbe.png

image.thumb.png.f8f8adbef80221f46db5e4b32dcab8e1.png

image.thumb.png.25de18fa1fa3006f3245d6800502e3cc.png

plus I don't think the second pair you have is Wabash, methinx they are hickory stripe? Wabash thread for reference here

.... Sorry for hogging the thread ...

never apologise for content sharing! regret less, post moar!

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Sheff has quite a vibrant vintage scene.. this place is on the row of shops near our house JoJo's General Store

really want to visit there if ever crossing the Watford gap: stellar parkas on show in their 'gram...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

10 hours ago, Flash said:

That really is a lovely type 1 , looks to be a pretty small size ? 34-36 ? 

I’d have to dig it out of storage and measure it, but 34 iirc. Not sure what happened to the patch but I have a story that will make some of you shed a tear..

My grand parents handed down some very old clothing to me about a decade ago. This jacket and some 501s were the most notable. I asked them to let me know if anything else were to turn up and my grandmother said something along the lines of

“we threw most of it out/donated it. they were stained or had holes in them, and the leather patches cracked in half when we touched them. we washed them before donating them and they looked worse after. you wouldn’t have wanted them”

I bring it up to them here and there to get more clues. All I have found out is the clothes that were tossed out were older than that jacket (as they were their parents), some were jeans, jean jackets, and “formal wear” (church attire)

Sorry for the lengthy reply gents

i have a completely deadstock US army desert night camo fishtail parka from the gulf war, complete with the button-in quilted liner. you can get them pretty easily online, but they're usually worn and/or missing the liner. i love it, even if the medium is huge on my 6'1/80kg frame. supreme did a version with a massive and obnoxious 'riot' logo on the back a few years ago. 

GomBS8w.jpg
syLmj1q.jpg

Edited by conqueror