volvo240thebest

WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

3 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Freewheelers Watch Cap, CPO, CPO and Bootleggers Steamroller c/w Lofgren

@Duke Mantee one more and you could have been 3 CPO...

37 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@Duke Mantee did this shirt get displayed on the ol' mannequin? I think that's  the one (from several similar FW shirts iirc) that l really, really like.

It was doc - not one of the best pics tho’ - the colour is a really dark inky blue, almost black. But for me this is the daddy of all FW shirts, a really heavy hard twist wool kersey - jacket weight, literally 

9 minutes ago, buler said:

@Duke Mantee one more and you could have been 3 CPO...

I think we’ve found Maynard’s alternate login :dry:

13 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Thanks Duke. What colour is the stitching? Is it a pale orange?

Brown/ochre

2DC52EC9-4EF1-4109-A0B4-43996DD50B2F.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Brown/ochre

2DC52EC9-4EF1-4109-A0B4-43996DD50B2F.jpeg

That's the one/sort of what l meant. Really love it because it's eerily similar to the ones l used to see when thrifting all those years ago, but never could find one big enough to fit me. 

8 hours ago, generic_guy said:

Been a member here for some time but not posted for a while.

Rediscovered my love of denim during lockdown.

tia19012021.jpg

Cashmere watch cap
Filson jacket
Our Legacy sweat
Sugar Cane 1947s
Red Wings

From what season is that Filson coat? I have only ever seen the tin cloth cruisers with snap buttons. Can you give an item number? 

Fantastic fit man! 

Cheers, took a pic of the label which explains all.
Bought this years ago but probably wore it once before I put it in storage, got it from the clearance section in TK Maxx (UK version of TJ Maxx).
EBFEBB0-E-EBD7-4-ABC-B082-CBA6-BDF93-EB3

Edited by generic_guy
Photo not working

Today’s outfit:

tia19th012021.jpg

Buzz Rickson's watch cap
Buzz Rickson's peacoat
Sunray Sportswear tee
Warehouse 
Red Wing 8052

On 1/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, bartlebyyphonics said:

liking this... in particular the tcb's seem more relaxed / fuller silhouette now wearing in ... 

and of course, @mlwdp & @Kit Carruthers masterful both... 

@JDelage def. buttoned...

Thanks I really like the fuller cut on these. Think they will come in a bit once washed more but overall they will be looser than what I have previously worn. 

Lab again. SdA Asics white socks nonvis labcoat and safety glasses

IMG_20210121_105844.jpg

Been meaning to try out one of those Poten caps one of these days.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Been meaning to try out one of those Poten caps one of these days.

I’m a big fan of the poten hats. I really like the leather. It feels nice esp when it’s broken in. The latest black Birdseye fabric has been really nice, it feels like cotton/wool but breaths better imo

9EDFB3D0-924D-401F-80D3-C91082D785DB.jpeg

B94AD620-EECC-494D-B5C7-309D6843ED5C.jpeg

That’s the one I had my eye on but the large sold out. :unsure: I remember Kiya telling me that they run really big, but I wear a 7 3/4 in most hats so I’d likely need a large.

I’m a 7 3/8 and I’m a small in this hat. It felt a tiny bit tight but then stretched out nicely. The fabric and leather has some give. The medium might work for you...

Looking very 70's punk @Flash

For better authenticity, you should sew some zippers on the legs of those tartan pj's. Four or five on each leg at various angles ought to do it as they dont have to be functional. Then next sew an old bar towel (an old Tetley's one should do) across the backside of said pj's. Garnish with chains and safety pins and Bam! (Mohican optional).

Mhh ..... 7.99 from amazon 

It’s raining !!!

976F3C75-847B-4979-A87B-9A7FF48913DF.thumb.jpeg.0e37f9c5687760da1f5d54fa5af2a1eb.jpeg

Kapital / Deluxeware / Roy / Fracap

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

Vivienne Westwood 1977 ... £7,000

53A86C4B-F20B-4D3F-900C-296252380BE8.jpeg

Not that l dont appreciate the fact that these spawned what was to become the mainstay of the punk uniform, but the trews l was referring to were the kind you buy 'down the market'. They were probably just an OTT rip-off but l remember "Traders" indoor market (in Reading) sold them. On the schoolbus top deck, l could see the plastic punks coming out with their Tartan zipper trousers and ripped tee shirts.

Suprised Freewheelers hasn't had a stab at repro'ing something  similar? (Waiting for Duke to prove me wrong :P )

19 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Not that l dont appreciate the fact that these spawned what was to become the mainstay of the punk uniform, but the trews l was referring to were the kind you buy 'down the market'. They were probably just an OTT rip-off but l remember "Traders" indoor market (in Reading) sold them. On the schoolbus top deck, l could see the plastic punks coming out with their Tartan zipper trousers and ripped tee shirts.

Suprised Freewheelers hasn't had a stab at repro'ing something  similar? (Waiting for Duke to prove me wrong :P )

I know what you referring to Doc - I had a pair of homemade bondage trousers, those originals are what I copied, and I think that’s why I still prefer red tartan PJs like Flash is wearing :laugh2:

Maybe back in the Bootleggers days they might have had the balls to copy these - that’s why they were called Bootleggers and that’s why they got into shit, but these days early 20th C., between wars, WW2 (and thereabouts), and then counterculture is where it ends ... well apart from their stab at tech wear