Jump to content
volvo240thebest

WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

@Duke Mantee l know what YMCA stands for, but what does the 'R' stand for here?

Arbrothian .... ???

:P

It’s just a typo - it should say ‘A Car’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MceFffO.jpg

banditphoto tee   
runabout goods denim   
whites moc toe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, jsn said:

Real McCoys Panama shirt

Warehouse deadstock blue

Alden loafers

F4C7EC84-A244-42AC-AB9D-13D8928F4F45.jpeg

Love that shirt dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Can't remember Sufu ever being so quiet as it is lately.

It’s just a coincidence of events - the English are away celebrating being European Champions, the Americans are away celebrating the fact they don’t need to listen to the English anymore, and everyone else is pretty much in agreement with the American approach in listening to the English 

 


 

 

 

:ph34r2:

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all true. Meanwhile the Scots are busy preparing for their next major tournament qualification in 2044.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful color on that shirt, @Duke Mantee

Maybe you can answer this: are there any differences between the Bakehead and the modern Neal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2021 at 6:33 PM, julian-wolf said:

Beautiful color on that shirt, @Duke Mantee

Maybe you can answer this: are there any differences between the Bakehead and the modern Neal?

Yep - 500 yen :laugh2:

 

 

They are different, they started out more different and over the years, and more so recently they’ve began to cross over - materials, details, buttons are now shared (on occasion). Fundamentally the Bakehead was introduced to suit amekaji sensibilities of buying a shirt to fit the chest more closely, whereas the Neal represented the a more vintage approach to fit -  so while they look very similar, close measurements would show the cut is different.

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 5:02 PM, Duke Mantee said:

It’s just a typo - it should say ‘A Car’

ARCA is one of the oldest auto racing (stock cars, that is) sanctioning bodies in the U.S., dates to the 50s. It was a competitor to Nascar at one point and now, apparently, is owned by Nascar.

https://www.arcaracing.com/

https://stockcarracing.fandom.com/wiki/ARCA

https://www.smartmotorist.com/arca-racing

That T is really cool by the way. I got the ARCA reference immediately but if you're not a US racing fan of a certain, shall we say, regional orientation, it wouldn't register.

(to complicate things a little bit, there apparently was also another ARCA series in the 50s that involved sports cars, as the current ARCA was once called MARC, the M standing for "Midwest" and became ARCA in the mid 60s...)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, peter1 said:

ARCA is one of the oldest auto racing (stock cars, that is) sanctioning bodies in the U.S., dates to the 50s. It was a competitor to Nascar at one point and now, apparently, is owned by Nascar.

https://www.arcaracing.com/

https://stockcarracing.fandom.com/wiki/ARCA

https://www.smartmotorist.com/arca-racing

That T is really cool by the way. I got the ARCA reference immediately but if you're not a US racing fan of a certain, shall we say, regional orientation, it wouldn't register.

(to complicate things a little bit, there apparently was also another ARCA series in the 50s that involved sports cars, as the current ARCA was once called MARC, the M standing for "Midwest" and became ARCA in the mid 60s...)

 

It’s ok buddy - I know ARCA - doc and I were just engaging in some banter.

I appreciate the links tho’ - thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Real McCoys, Samurai s510xx 19oz, Buzz Rickson

90D28AE0-AE20-4E36-AA8C-76D6CC771CFA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

It’s ok buddy - I know ARCA - doc and I were just engaging in some banter.

I appreciate the links tho’ - thank you!

Ah, ok, cool...it's a bit esoteric if you're not a roundy-round racing fan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now