WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

3 hours ago, Broark said:

I've kind of sworn off engineer boots, but Bartles I really like those Attractions!

thnx: spent a lot of time oggling options to counterpoint the mega bump toe of the redwing-foot-clubs for more slender days ... they have a lot going for them; but do seem quite optically dainty with the all black [barely protruding] out-sole [which incidentally seems to make heel look bigger than it is and may make them seem daunting]... but in truth they are pretty beefy [horsey...] things... will show more of it once more beaten up in shoes thread; but to confirm the leather is very-very-yes... love the toe profile; for my general size and volume would love a mildly heftier sole/mid-sole but that is what that grail search is all about ... and yes; from the mighty east-west who were most-most excellent in all accounts

edit: actually checked sole thickness to redwing 2268: same thickness, just protrudes less, and recedes optically as is all black rather than 2-tone... 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

hey; not much experience in terms of different models; main level of tightness in redwing was the instep which was pretty crushing, for the 444 it is a little tricky in the transition of getting foot through ankle / heel cup section [plastic bag trick to loosen that section up first for first 7 or so wears seems to have sorted it... but otherwise voluminous instep; they are like a tardis] - but yes; engineers can be an arse to get on until they chill out, then they are like slippers...

Edited by bartlebyyphonics