WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

22 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

... / r.mocs

Picked up the shoes cheap on eBay for an experiment; gonna try stripping & bleaching them then re-dyeing by hand—anyway, they fit great & it doesn’t seem like they’ve seen much wear at all

nice pick up ...

& would love to see / hear how they compare to your yuketens... having held yuks in the hand but never by the foot, as it were... wondering if there is a significant between the two in construction / materials ... [I have my suspicions but wonder what a detailed eye like yourself uncovers...]

1 hour ago, bartlebyyphonics said:

nice pick up ...

& would love to see / hear how they compare to your yuketens... having held yuks in the hand but never by the foot, as it were... wondering if there is a significant between the two in construction / materials ... [I have my suspicions but wonder what a detailed eye like yourself uncovers...]

Will get back to you on this in a few months: both are still to new to say much of substance

Generally, I think any real comparison might be tough, even with time, since these particular styles are so different—but I will say that, based on initial impressions, the Russells feel more honest—take that as you will 

Jeans: Fullcount FC1108, (3 years)

Shirt: Polo Ralph Lauren (poplin shirt)

Belt: Tanner Goods Classic Belt (2 years)

Boots: Timberland Yellow Boots 

FC1108 is certainly the most comfortable jeans pair available in premium Japanese Selvedge denim marketplace , in addition to sufficient vintage denim features, fading potential, beautiful stitching and sewing threads color used. Another small detail is impressive inseam stitching / needlecraft added by contrast of yellowish green color thread.....     

IMG_0085a.jpg

IMG_0086a.jpg

Edited by dada mafiosi