WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

9 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^Those mocs are so great! Ever since you posted them I've been on the lookout for a similar pair in lightweight, but haven't found something suited...

thanks ... grabbed after seeing so many mocs that didn't quite do it ... worn so much as lockdown moocher have ground down the heel to point of resole becoming needed soon [sad-face...]

nearest in profile of immediate proximity [of shoe-moc with heft] would be this? [not slip on tho, and more pricey for similar cxl leather and without the double vamp]

otherwise this is the base model that double select did their custom order tweak from... [which for the r.moc code came out as 1745-2P7W according to the shoe box... the code in the shoe itself seems to be 11-D {the shoe-size}-2094]

21 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Damn @persco_ enough with the handsomeness! like a young Johnny Depp, back when he had all his fingers...

Thanks 00. That's a very kind thing to say. I have to admit that there's no sensible definition of "young" that could describe me. Johnny Depp is 58 and I'm ... let's say within (very) close striking distance of that :). But I'm happy to take the compliment!

2 hours ago, lance said:

Jeans are a very good fit, persco_ 

Thanks Lance. They're amazing denim. But I wish I'd bought a size down actually. I have to hot dry them to shrink back to a great fit. Then the denim stretches out and they start to look a little baggy, especially around the hips. 

2 hours ago, persco_ said:

Thanks Lance. They're amazing denim. But I wish I'd bought a size down actually. I have to hot dry them to shrink back to a great fit. Then the denim stretches out and they start to look a little baggy, especially around the hips. 

That’s interesting. I was considering the FW 51’s for my next pair. Did you go with your normal waist size? I thought they seemed to f pretty TTS. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyUtah247 said:

That’s interesting. I was considering the FW 51’s for my next pair. Did you go with your normal waist size? I thought they seemed to f pretty TTS. 

They're true to size. I looked at the size charts and got a 33 given my waist (then) measured a true 33" and I couldn't find a size 32, which is what I would normally buy. Thought it would be fine given shrinkage, etc. Except the denim stretches back out. Plus, I lost a few pounds since I bought them and I'm now 32" true waist. They still fit me just fine, just have to wash and dry 'em more frequently than I do others. But they're great jeans.

@Flash thanks, nice one... I'd recommend.... really easy wearing as you'd expect. There are a few knocking around - pretty sure Bartles has one too.  Mine came from the boys at Kafka. I nearly got a pullover shirt (Irual's YM Factory looks great) but my McCoys N-3s needed a mate after years of loneliness 

Edited by MJF9

@MJF9 I take it that's without the lining? Sleeves are a good length, I don't need to cuff as my wrists are on permanent display and I went for the largest size going!

@MJF9 wow must have been a chilly day, I've only just started wearing anything thicker then my orSlow navy denims, as for denim jackets they are still a far off. But when I do my Tender will be my go to (pockets are great for work), though I may start washing it monthly as the fading on the arms have outstripped the body a lot, with white poking through along the seams. I'm hoping more washes will give a more even fade.