WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

18 hours ago, cultpop 0217 said:

Bittersweet day

Same old hat

RRL zip

LVC T 

Dirty USA 501 xx (gratuitous photos posted in EVO thread earlier) 

Polo socks

Vintage Horween Shell longwings ( branded and sold by Hanig's Chicago, probably 70's Florsheim)

IMG_20210420_155617_221.jpg

20210420_162045.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-164137_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20210420_142547_361.jpg

20210420_163155.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-164459_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-163849_Instagram.jpg

Nice sweat

54 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

You’ll be more excited about them once you remove those surplus arcs.

Ha, I'm not exactly in pursuit of the most accurate repro though - I'll actually probably do something a little funky with them. I was more just drawn to the cut/dimensions and curiosity about the new denim. I just don't love how aggressive the first wash they do is (wish I could have sourced these raw), and the pocket bags just a little smaller/flimsier - I've been spoiled a bit in that regard I suppose - especially by my 129's. I do like how these fit - surprisingly wish the rise was a touch higher and overall they were a bit more generous - but the waist/thighs were sized spot on which is what I care about most. Overall quite pleased with them though.

39 minutes ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Ha, I'm not exactly in pursuit of the most accurate repro though - I'll actually probably do something a little funky with them. I was more just drawn to the cut/dimensions and curiosity about the new denim. I just don't love how aggressive the first wash they do is (wish I could have sourced these raw), and the pocket bags just a little smaller/flimsier - I've been spoiled a bit in that regard I suppose - especially by my 129's. I do like how these fit - surprisingly wish the rise was a touch higher and overall they were a bit more generous - but the waist/thighs were sized spot on which is what I care about most. Overall quite pleased with them though.

I think what he did is brilliant

On 4/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, roomtemplacroix said:

that's my family name!

Now I got it - Adachi is a common family name and the name of the ward in Tokyo as well.