WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

I like them. The soles are a lot denser / stiffer than on my other JP sneakers, which gives me high hopes for their longevity. They’re also sized just a touch bigger—less than half a size, but enough that I can wear them with thicker boot socks (read: Tender), which I appreciate having as an option

Of course, they look great too—but I knew that going in

Thanks again for the rec, Duke

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

I like them. The soles are a lot denser / stiffer than on my other JP sneakers, which gives me high hopes for their longevity. They’re also sized just a touch bigger—less than half a size, but enough that I can wear them with thicker boot socks (read: Tender), which I appreciate having as an option

Of course, they look great too—but I knew that going in

Thanks again for the rec, Duke

Nothing to thank - you took the risk, but I’m glad they worked out

thanks @roomtemplacroix I definitely enjoy it, and have had to repair it once. Unfortunately I do think that the next time it breaks, I’ll put it on my shelf for good. Repairs are so costly, and honestly I could do without the autofocus. That glass is like nothing else though. My other main camera is a Nikon F3, and I often choose that over the G2 if I’m only taking one camera with me. 

Edited by rockon99
words

16 hours ago, rockon99 said:

thanks @roomtemplacroix I definitely enjoy it, and have had to repair it once. Unfortunately I do think that the next time it breaks, I’ll put it on my shelf for good. Repairs are so costly, and honestly I could do without the autofocus. That glass is like nothing else though. My other main camera is a Nikon F3, and I often choose that over the G2 if I’m only taking one camera with me. 

I get it man. I shot five rolls on a trip through mine and roughly 80-90 of the frames came back in sharp focus, so i threw in the towel. i miss that lens so much that i've considered getting a 50mm planar t for my nikon f. 

@oomslokop it’s the Tail Shirt, Type 420—just restocked recently

The buttons are red melamine, same shape / mold as other melamine buttons that have been used in the past (possibly the same old stock? Don’t actually know whether or not these are still produced)

On 3/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, rockon99 said:

Finally brought these APCs back from the dead (massive crotchsplosion). Please excuse my T-rex hand.

51067843122_963b545c98_b.jpg

Kiriko (not pictured)
LC King
Woolrich
Sightglass Coffee
APC NS
Veja

Ah - I've bought and sold a G2 kit twice. Both times sad to see them go. Wonderful cameras. Repairs though....oof. Less and less tenable by the day. The fuji x pros almost replicate the experience these days though if you can believe it and can get along with a crop sensor. And these g2 lenses work wonders on Sony ff sensors too. Not perfect, some minor optical flaws here and there (which may or may not matter depending on the nature of your work) but the 45mm planar adapted onto on a sony is small and very powerful kit and the AF is even quicker if you can believe it (w the techart adapter at least). 

6 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Ah - I've bought and sold a G2 kit twice. Both times sad to see them go. Wonderful cameras. Repairs though....oof. Less and less tenable by the day. The fuji x pros almost replicate the experience these days though if you can believe it and can get along with a crop sensor. And these g2 lenses work wonders on Sony ff sensors too. Not perfect, some minor optical flaws here and there (which may or may not matter depending on the nature of your work) but the 45mm planar adapted onto on a sony is small and very powerful kit and the AF is even quicker if you can believe it (w the techart adapter at least). 

Hi - glad to read this, I have a techart adaptor (not sure exactly which one, but it's for Sony E-mount) but sadly the autofocus mechanism doesn't seem to mesh correctly. I haven't put forth much effort in anything digital, so this has just sat on a shelf for quite some time now. I'm not sure if there's something special I need to do to make it work or not, but a cursory google didn't help me much. It's not pressing, but would be cool to have the option in the future.

I do, however, find enjoyment in my adapted Minolta Rokkor lenses on my Sony. I'm so accustomed to manual focus anyways that it doesn't bother me to use it on a digital with focus peaking.

16 hours ago, rockon99 said:

Hi - glad to read this, I have a techart adaptor (not sure exactly which one, but it's for Sony E-mount) but sadly the autofocus mechanism doesn't seem to mesh correctly. I haven't put forth much effort in anything digital, so this has just sat on a shelf for quite some time now. I'm not sure if there's something special I need to do to make it work or not, but a cursory google didn't help me much. It's not pressing, but would be cool to have the option in the future.

I do, however, find enjoyment in my adapted Minolta Rokkor lenses on my Sony. I'm so accustomed to manual focus anyways that it doesn't bother me to use it on a digital with focus peaking.

If it's the Golden Eagle 3 version (I think)? You need to set it to work with the phase detect AF. This is why it works so much better than natively on a G2. And your camera is set in MF - there's more. It's a little convoluted. I magically found the blog I used to set this up in 2015. https://chadwadsworth.com/2015/08/30/913/comment-page-2/ In my experience the longer lenses (45mm and 90mm) yielded the best results - the 28 and 35 were more subject to drastic fall off. Good luck. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine