WAYWT 2021 [denim edition]

volvo240thebest

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Thanks Mike, wore them to work and decided to continue to use without cuffing. I think l could get away with a small cuff but get crap in them so..

They give the impression of being a bit slimmer than my 22s

Edited by Duke Mantee

1 minute ago, Flash said:

Freewheelers is such an eclectic brand , everything from early 1900’s workwear to tech wear ( ?? Not sure if the jacket qualifies as tech wear but  ) . Really impressive 

One of the reasons I enjoy the clothes so much - I can wear anything with everything (and usually do :laugh:) and have something new each day. Still prefer the early 1900s to mid-century gear though since that’s what I wore as a kid.

I’m not sure whether it is tech wear either (it’s a combination of vintage nylon twill and cordura) but compared to some of the tech fashion I’ve seen, for such an ‘expensive’ brand, it blows others out of the water

1 hour ago, Dr_Heech said:

Was never keen on that jacket, just a bit to busy for all the wrong reasons imho. Much prefer my old Peter storm :)

Rep is for the jumper and jeans

I wasn’t sure either - but at the time my collection never had any Ultima Thule pieces. I don’t regret getting it, but I wouldn’t get any other items from that sub-brand. It’s better made (and cheaper) than the likes of acronym and similar but I think better to stick to my hillwalking gear. Back to that ‘nice things’ approach - for me it’s got to have the right look and the right functionality.

Anyway, I’m mostly posting these because of the ‘flat-lay’ criticism levelled (talking about you @julian-wolf :angry2:) at taking pics of my gear on a mannequin - so I thought I’d use a different dummy ...

Edited by Duke Mantee

11 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Still prefer the early 1900s to mid-century gear though since that’s what I wore as a kid.

..although they wern't called repro's back then :D

58 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Anyway, I’m mostly posting these because of the ‘flat-lay’ criticism levelled (talking about you @julian-wolf :angry2:) at taking pics of my gear on a mannequin - so I thought I’d use a different dummy ...

Whwn i was having a rummage around the old forum looking for fit pics for the festive quiz, i spotted some 'flat lays' posted in waywt as early as 2010, it always was one step ahead of the game this place...

53 minutes ago, Dr_Heech said:

Mackinaw looks solid, what's the material @Duke Mantee ?

Looks very wind proof, is it a zip and button combo or..?

It’s heavyweight chino cloth with a cotton duck collar section Doc - but not lined like the originals (although the simple double breasted buttoning is authentic) so windproof-ish. I wear it more as an overcoat insofar as I usually have a few layers under.

86AB1B46-29FB-4587-ABD3-CA328912200A.jpeg