Double 0 Soul

Nice Things

This one’s in my daughter’s room

75CB741A-F126-4ECB-A9E1-4015B1D3D19E.jpeg

Its a Petromax (made in Germany) i bought it from Woodland Ways in Bakewell.

Dotted around the Peaks are old van wheels which have been spotwelded to makeshift metal tables, they make perfect braziers for cooking your food while camping, i just take a sack of wood from work and a grill, dig out a 'van-wheel brazier' from one of the farms and i'm good to go..

fullsizeoutput_2c58

...when the sun goes down they keep your feet warm :)

fullsizeoutput_139

...so i bought a similar style cast iron grill which i can take car camping or use in the garden, tbh it's not as good at bbq-ing as my neighbours Weber but it is very portable, the Weber just excels because you can close the lid and keep the heat in but you can't chuck it in the back of the car.

I use those melting domes (seen on previous page) to give me a similar 'oven' effect to the Weber..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Leica M6 w/ Summicron 50mm

Omega Speedmaster Professional 

PBJ Type 2

8EEB8561-D26F-4DEF-B685-891D23F8ECDD.jpeg

I've been eyeing a Gibson es-335 '59 reissue for a bit but never could get myself to spend the $$. I recently met a collector through a friend who was willing to sell a portion of his collection to friends (and trusted friends of friends) and he gave me a hell of a deal on a Nashville custom shop historic '59 reissue. I took the funds I had been slowly setting aside for a watch and bought it. It plays like a dream.

IMG_5597.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg

IMG_5599.jpeg

IMG_5600.jpeg

7 minutes ago, smoothsailor said:

The smiley seems nice too

Its the top of a shoe rack which i knocked up out of plywood when we moved in

fullsizeoutput_1c90

..quickly realised it wasn't going to be big enough so i made a bigger'un and converted it into a bookshelf for my kids room

fullsizeoutput_1c8f

Those are really nice @longshanks i think the Whiskey & Clay is my favourite.. theres a 1970's tea set in my mums attic in a very similar style, i might have to dig it out.

IMG-20210123-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20210123_114502.jpg

IMG_20210123_114455.jpg

This 12“ enamelled cast iron pot is another piece of my cookware collection. Used for baking bread, this ones a mix of 40% rye, 40% wheat and 10% whole wheat with a levain made with oat meal and old bread. 

Had one of those years ago which cost about 100€, but the enamel cracked within 2 uses. Sent it back and got this one at Aldi this summer, works great since then. Surely not le creuset, but does the job.

Edited by Thanks_M8

These are nice things... 1930's era jelly moulds which belonged to my nan, they're full of air bubbles and other hand made imperfections.

fullsizeoutput_2c85

In your face Junior Bake Off!!

fullsizeoutput_2c86

One of my nicest things. Handmade by my grandfather (1909-1983) when he was an apprentice - he was a master carpenter, also heavily into engineering, motor cars and bikes etc,  and a nice momentum of him (he died when l was 15).

Heavy, hand-beaten copper dish with a tooled decoration around the edge. About 16" in diameter and has never been cleaned by me and l've owned it 20 years or so. 

First shot using the flash, the rest without, just to try and show the patina. The undernearth is almost as interesting as the top.

20210124_125313.jpg

20210124_125231.jpg

20210124_125029.jpg

20210124_124959.jpg

20210124_124919.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech
Grammar